Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Nikon Hacks, D7000, D7100, D3100, D3200, D5100, V1, V2, J1, D4, D800 and Nikon Tool
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • ooh, talking about the D7000, here. Thans for all the hard work, Vitaliy!
  • does this firmware hack get rid of the On Screen Display when using hdmi?

As a cinema guy, if i could lose all the extra info and just have a clean video signal, i could use an external digital video recorder to bypass the sd cards and lower-quality h.264 codec.
  • @bumkicho that tool is just the decryptor- those files then need to be feed into an IDE (that translates the machine code into lines of code dependent on the processor used) - correct me if I am wrong VK...
  • Vitaliy,

I just tried your tool on D7000 firmware, but now I have no clue what to do with two bin files and a res file. Maybe it is more than a person like me can handle :) I just hope this development can progress like GH2 hack did.
  • Ok... Got it... mmm.... looks like Nikon wants extra units sold due to the VK hack! :-D

So D7000 reads UHS-1 cards... AND... has 2 card slots... all we need to know now is if its ture 8bit or 10bit colour and I am shotgunning the Nikon faster than you can say Nikon!

What Nikon would be your current hit list @VK?

Good thing I only buy Nikon glass... :D Go for it VITALIY!!!!
  • I made simple working extractor based on ideas of Simeon.

https://www.personal-view.com/gh1hack/ntool.zip
  • Plan to hack Pentax K-5?
  • I just recently sold my hacked 2011 model GH1 for a Nikon D7000. I am amazed how much the footage from the d7000 looks likes the footage from the hacked GH1. If someone like Vitaliy could hack the Nikon d7000( which also uses I,P and B frames in its video similar to the GH2) that would be really great!
  • Hey Vitaliy! What does this mean about Nikon and your future work? :) Maybe....uh...um.... :)
  • So your thinking of adding Nikon to P-V?
    Or does this help GH2 as well?
  • It also uses Fujitsu FR LSI that is good known by usage in Pentax and Samsung DSLRs.
    See my previous project :-)

Looks like it is time to fix few bugs in FR CPU module and make it work on IDA Free.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions