Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Is there any bigger SD card (64 - 128 GB) that is combatible with GH@ and those settings ?
  • @Driftwood ... is it possible to make a patch with lower bitrate for 24p but keep GOP1 (all others the same) ?
    I don't have a big card, and would like to save some space.
  • @Jspatz
    Thanks mate! :-)

@HillTop1
    Welcome! ;-)
    "What's the bitrate at 24H and 720p60 then?"
    I think that it will be about 60-70M usually as a matter of fact although 24H is set as 176M.
    In 720p, I have adopted the arrangement of Chris as it is, and since I am not using 720p at all, I do not know.
  • I have a big question about these patches.
    Remember, few month ago, some of us have encountered an issue with their 66mbps hack : Camera crashed when the .mts hit 4GB. At this time, we thought that the card speed limits was the problem.
    I have tested 2 rates at 166mbps and 50mbps, with the AQuarius 2 patch. (Other Values remain the same). Camera Crash after 4GB, both in 50mbps and 166mbps (even if the bitrate was under 50mbps in the second case). I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 45MBps, so, write speed should not be a problem.
    So, do you think this problem is due to the video buffer or something else ?
  • @HillTop1 Still editing the project. Looking good :-) SeAQuake is kinda cool :-)
  • @bkmcwd great thanks, will check it as soon as I get home. What's the bitrate at 24H and 720p60 then?

@driftwood looking forward to test out SeAQuake as soon as I get home. I think I will start bringing my GH2 to work lol. I love your nomenclature of your patches lol. What's the bitrate at 720p60? On a separate note, how's your collaboration project coming? Dying to see the finished product.
  • @bkmcwd
    This is my favorite patch so far. Best IQ. Spans in most cases and seems to play on everything.
  • @FGCU 166M for H. Its primed to the buffer fullness, dont need 176M, you can raise the bitrate higher if you like to no advantage - the i frames won't get any bigger.
  • @FGCU INTRA GOP1 - only 720p60 is GOP3
  • The economy patch of Q18 was renewed.
    Although the bit rate exceeds 100M under high stress, I think that this becomes the about an average of 60M bit rate usually.
    With this patch, since frame size is not compressed even if moving a camera up and down in woods, I think that I will give the name in connection with woods or forest.
    It is the same as usual the arrangement of Chris except 24p.

@HillTop1
    I am sorry that I did not reply to you sooner.
    Since 88M patch is not so good, try this instead!
    I stick my done patches on "GH2 Patch Vault, most popular patches in one place" thread. :-)
    bkmcwd New_176M3GOP Q18 ECO Patch.zip
    619B
    q18_iso3200.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 182K
    q18_trees_wide.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 193K
  • @driftwood you really made changes to the your new SeAQuake! Can't wait!
  • How we make 50i PSF material to show in NLE (i use FCPX) like 25p ?
    I want to make a video with footage from my nex 5n (25p) and GH2 (50i psf).
    when i put my gh2 footage in the same timeline with original 25p , it show me that it needs render....
  • @driftwood
    It looks great!
    I can study many things again. :-)
  • @Driftwood
    Looking closer at your chart, I see it quickly drop from the h rate to the l rate, which is where I want it to be. Why should I care about those early frames when they do not appear to cause any practical interference? What should I be worried about? Thanks
  • @driftwood, @Jspatz darn! I left my GH2 home and am out now! Got to get it to try this out! :(
  • @driftwood
    Every test has been rock solid. How should I expect the buffer under run to manifest. VK mentioned that 3.63 allows very low 24l bitrates. Could that be why this is working for me?
  • @TrackZillas I recorded in 720p 50 (as 60 is not intra). Not that happy with 1080i -> slowmo- (kind of dislike all the work to get 540lines!)
  • @Driftwood
    Thank you very much for your new patch release. For me, the great news is the ability to get 25 P via PsF. My doubt is about the workflow to get this. Any idea?
  • @alcomposer Great looking snapshot here how is the new 720p 60 working? is it glitchy at time?
  • @driftwood Your the man Driftwood you never stop with the improvements. So that means the new patch is upgraded for the new Ptools than..
  • @driftwood filmed a video installation with the last intra, super image! Even at 720. Would have loved to send it into the collaborative project.... Will post a few scenes...

PS: Lens 35mm Samyang 1.4
    PSS: Image not original 720p - sorry- will repost when I have file at hand :-(
    300319_10150443134294400_683329399_10106927_389246575_n.jpg
    960 x 540 - 38K
  • Thanks Drift!
  • @alcomposer fuckin' right man!
    @Oedipax Never lend a camera, youre asking for trouble!
  • @driftwood, thanks again for all your hard work! Now if I only had my GH2 back (a friend is borrowing it)!
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions