Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @FGCU What lomo primes did you specifically used for the shoots? love the look, and the milky texture that it gives to the image great work man..
  • Hey. First time posting.

Was testing out the Quantum V5 with the upped frame limit (for those with Sandisk 64Gb 95mbps cards, which i do have) in H mode and it failed. Was gonna test spanning but I didn't make it that far.

Don't know if it matters but i was filming a Himalayan cat (basically a giant ball of extremely fine hair). Donno if that counts as a stress test. I'll probably try again with the default frame limit.

Just thought you might wanna know.
  • Oh yeah, and I was shooting 1080p24 H. Probubly should of said that.
  • Thanks @patlett for the feedback
  • @TrackZillas well on a tripod it's cool. Maybe it's just me but i did some handheld Shots and they were kinda shaky. Like some shaking effect were added because of the Q5 patch. Is that also happening to somebody else or it's just me?
  • Had no problem shooting or spanning on Quantum v5 with the increase in frame rate suggested by driftwood for sdxc 95mbps cards -- was just filming tv as a test tho so may fail on more detail.
  • Ok i just checked and stabilizer on my camera is "OFF" and i can't turn it on with the panasonic 20mm 1.7.
    With my other panasonic lens stabilizer works fine..
    I think the 20mm pancake doesn't have image stabilisation that's why..
  • I'm having spanning problem with the increase in frame rate buffer on my Sandisk 64 GB SDXC (95 MB/s). With 'standard' values, there's no spanning problem.
  • @driftwood -- if you got a sec mate, can you tell me what (if any) big changes you made from AQuamotion v2 to the 100mbps L settting on Quantum? Reason being, want to create a patch with a 100 mbps H setting and then a 44 L setting for a two week trip next week where I won't be taking a laptop/external drives, just a bunch of SD cards, so space is at a premium and I want a fallback in case I get 1/2 way through the trip and have chewed through more than half of the cards. Hacked GH2 footage of Calakmul to come in about two weeks!
  • Gentlemen.

Good tidings to all during this holiday season. I wanted to thank you all for letting me grade such quality footage. It was graded with Davinci Resolve and there was also no noise reduction done. If any of you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I would say PM me though so we don't hijack this thread. Big ups to Mr. Driftwood and all you crazy lunatics for your ceaseless quest for excellence.
  • The Quantum patch is still under development and there are a number of things we are looking at including improving image at different bitrates.
    Here's the full graded INTRA showreel now up on Vimeo :-) Well done to @Bueller.

• @JDN For now continue to use AQuamotion v2 until a Quantum version is produced as Im doing deep analysis of image quality at the moment and looking at a few other things which I can't talk about yet. Soon we may have more improvements...
    Here's a nice b&w Aquamotion patch video that shows how good 100M is. :-)

• @driftwood,
    am I understanding correctly that with "your" patches, this one (Driftwood 'Aquamotion' ver2 AQ2 all round and spanning - great for EX TELE and 80percent recording - better 1080p24 quality with spanning than SPANmyBITCHup - setb.zip) is next in quality to quantum?
  • @Heartfelt Give it a whizz on your sd card and see.
  • @driftwood, thanks man. And yeah, the B&W AQuamotion video looks friggin great.
  • @driftwood

Figured this could go here:

1. Is there any way to adjust the ETC mode crop? Say instead of 2.4x (which is great still) to 1.6x?
    2. Is there any possibility of AVCHD or MJPEG in ETC mode being as clean as without?

Super 16mm Glass user here... just curious.
  • just patched Quantum v5...so, the 2048x864 it isn't 2:37 right out of the camera right? I would need need a 1.33x adapter like the LA7200? And, the 2160x810 would be 2:66 with the 1.33x adapter?
  • No for the regular MJPEG (HD filming mode) you need a 1.33x anamorphic to get to 2.37. (16:9 x 1.33)
    For MJPEG VGA you need a 2x anamorphic to get to 2.66 (4:3 x 2)
  • @kholi that's a question or two for @Vitaliy_Kiselev. From my understanding it is presently too difficult to manipulate ETC mode.
  • @driftwood

For those of us going off the grid for the Holidays (Friday thru New Year), any chance of a new hack before then? I'm just going to load the latest before I leave and stick with it. Q5 is already locked and loaded. Just wondering about some of the hints you've been droppin'. ;)
  • Quantum beta 6 is still being tested. It may appear tomorrow. :-)
  • hey everyone. Been busy filming so haven't had any time to try out the new Quantum beta patches. Was thinking about trying them out over my Christmas vacation. The majority of SD cards I have are Transcend class 10 cards. I was wondering if anyone has tried out the beta patches with Transcend cards, and could recommend which version would be best for that type of card. Thanks in advance.
  • @driftwood

Either way, thanks.
  • @sanzadez Not all Transcend class 10 cards are the same. I have ones that won't record for more than a few seconds even with the lower bitrate patches, but I have other ones that perform really well and handle everything but the most demanding patches. Both cards are labeled exactly the same, Transcend SDHC 16GB with 10 inside C, the only difference is the color of the labels. In my experience the orange ones (older?) won't work but the ones with black labels seem to work well.
  • @onlocatoin
    Thanks. I guess I will just have to try them out, hah. I've been using TerrAQuake on my Transcend as SeAQuake seemed to be a little unstable for them. Hopefully I will be able try out these new beta patches with my Transcends.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions