Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • I ordered on Jan 14th and today I was told that they will ship around Feb 29th. Shit!

• @Alex who did you order with? I ordered at Photoconijnenberg on Jan 15th, they emailed today to say they still don't know when they are arriving.. having said that.. the price was right!

• Wish Voigtlander would announce a wide lens for micro four thirds.

Thinking about buying this lens, but I don't quite trust SLR Magic for a quality lens yet.

The Oylmpus is pretty good and available but I don't want all that auto jazz and focus by wire.

• @Alex same here.. (from fotokonijnenberg). I asked to cancel the order until they have it in stock.. Let's see what happens.

• @Alex I just got mine today. @Pechente It doesn't work. The lens is really small and short and you can't even use ff on it. @all The mount isn't that tight it looks like is off by one millimeter. I do not really know what to think about this lens. Another, thing I have noticed is that is harder to focus than any of my other lenses. I guess this lens it is in its own class that I'm not accustomed to.

• @Tommyboy What do you mean by hard to focus? Is the ring really hard to move? Do you have to spin it multiple times to do a rack focus? Or something eles?

• @Chaos123x Meaning is very sensitive and 1/2of mm can do a difference.

• @Tommyboy You CAN use an FF on this but it's hard to get a lens gear attached.

• yes, yes, Photoconijnenberg! I hate to spend money for getting into a "preorder loop" ... but fast and wide is what I'm missing. Fingers crossed that I don't get a loos mount version ...

• Just get a cinevate lens gear..

• meanwhile I'm having some fun with my new pinhole lens :-)

• @RRRR Thanks! Now I'll just need to find out how to get this in germany ;D The shops on their site don't seem to have it.

• no problems, there is an ebay retailer for cinevate gears!

• Some are saying this lens is really soft. Is that true?

I want something that will match my Voigtlander lenses pretty well. I see Voightlander makes a 12mm for M mount but it is really slow 5.6.

• Is the 2mm difference between this and the 14mm kit lens enough to justify this? I find I need a wider lens for my establishing shots and to me the speed isnt an issue since most wide shots I dont need shallow depth and they are usually exteriors.

• I'd certainly like to see more from this lens that actually shows what it's REALLY capable of producing. If someone who actually owns this lens, please throw up a rez chart (or frame a dense graph chart), and starting at f/1.6 start closing the lens down a stop at a time. Use controlled lighting and compensate for exposure via ND.

• @No_SuRReNDeR

Biggest advantage of 14mm is AF, size and weight and also software compensation of distortions. Plus with discounted GF2 kit it can be purchased for almost 0.

• @No_SuRReNDer

I find lens flare on the kit zoom is pretty ugly, in part due to the oddly shaped aperture (when stepped down).. Bokeh is also not very nice on the kit-zoom.

If you want the relationship between very close and distance (and play in-between) then there is no match, really.

But like you say, for establishing scenes then the 14mm kit zoom will suffice, no sweat.

• @Pechente

Not in my case

P1000240.JPG
    4976 x 2800 - 5M
    P1000242.JPG
    4976 x 2800 - 5M
  • Has anyone put a filter on it without causing any vignetting?

• @Pechente no problem using on my Tilta 4 x 4 matte box. Don't know about trust M tho.

@jimtreats, any 58mm filter will cause vignetting, but a step up ring to 67mm or larger will be fine so long as you are not stacking (then you'll need to go beyond 67mm

• Is there a difference between this lense with the yellow ring or the black ring on top (black or yellow version)?

Where can I get the yellow version in Germany. http://www.fotokonijnenberg.de/product/1602931/slr-magic-hyperprime-12mm-f16-mft.html

was a great tip, but it is the black version.

Thanks, Alex

• Why would you want the yellow version? It's easier to spot in reflections.

From what I know the yellow/green versions are the prototypes and have only been shipped to select testers / reviewer. They are worse than the one with the black ring since they produce flares much more easily.

• k thanks for the Info.