Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • D-Focus 3 works in friction mode with it - Cinevate gear longest screw isn't long enough - it's quite a slim barrel at the focus end.

• @jimtreats

Got a 72mm Fader ND on it no vignetting

• Just ordered from Konijnenberg, so let´s see how it goes... I already have a 52 to 77 step up ring, as well as 58 to 77.

• If you still having trouble ordering in Europe, China has stock and 3 day delivery ...... same price including delivery.

• I ordered on Jannuary 14th from Konijenenberg. New delivery Date is some what mid April! Its a complete joke.

• Wow, I better brace myself for a 3+ month wait! Not a brilliant start for SLR Magic, but I feel this is sadly the only lens that is wide and fast enough which will work with my FD´s....

• @soundgh2 do you have a link for the three day lens?

Thank you :)

• Thanks for that.. it might be a little late for me.. got a trip next Tuesday, but will email to check :)

• @Alex Same here.. annoying to say the least.

• @RRRR they sent me a message this morning, confirming the order and the estimated availability as 20th of April.

• @allenswrench Well, they have changed the date several times already so don't be surprised if it happens again. The last notice I got was at the beginning of april and I ordered in January. (around the same time as @Alex)

I've tried to get my money back to no avail. Right now I try to think about it as little as possible because it only pisses me off.

• Kickstarter video shot with SLR Magic 12mm 1.6

Enjoy!

• Has anyone here got their SLR magic 12mm from China recently? I've spent a few weeks trying to order from Emilyfoto. After the details were confirmed, I didn't hear from them at all for about a week.

Today I checked with them again with Alibaba Chat ( I saved the transcript ) and supposedly they claim it is no longer being made. Hope not! If someone can confirm this or clear it up, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Anyone got experience buying directly from SLR Magic ? Because the option to buy from there website is there again for a 'PRE-ORDER CINE 12mm T1.6 micro four thirds $549.00 USD'

The fineprint for availability says: 'SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 micro four thirds * 1 month after pre-order date'

Sounds like they are building them on demand only now :(

• I made my payment to slrmagic.com (PayPal) March 07, 2012 (PayPal). To date, the lens is not sent for me. I opened Case in PayPal system and SLR immediately promised me to send the lens in three days. Today - third.

quote: "We have an updated version of SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens with front ring in black, for the micro 43 system yesterday. The focus ring and the aperture ring will turn in the same direction for this new version - rest is unchanged."

• 4 months and counting. Today I sent an e-mail with an ultimatum to fotokonijnenberg. A date on when last I should have the lens or a full refund immediately.

Sick and tired of waiting for this shit..

• My 12mm SLR Magic was on back order for two months, but I got mine yesterday.

According to the "Quick Guide" in the box (actually just a small card printed on two sides), "due to wide angle view, 77mm filters has [sic] to be used. Filters may be used with the optional lens hood, SLR Magic 58/77 RING."

• @xrayspecs where did you order from?

• I ordered directly. It's promised to ship first week of may...

• Fotokonijnenberg says that the shipping date is this Friday, the 20th... We shall see...

• @xrayspecs and that ring/hood costs a lot of money! I actually have the step up rings for it, and a generic hood, only the lens is missing. Still, seeing as some people are waiting for 4 months, I guess I have a long way to go before I can even start bitching. I really hope it is not discontinued, as there is nothing quite like it for the m4/3. So @xrayspecs how are your first impressions?

• I have spoken to fotokon this morning (having had an order in since January) they have received the lenses and are posting them out today.. Fingers crossed :)

• Fingers crossed, indeed! I've sorely been lacking a wide angle lens for my gh2 for some time now.. (ever since bundling the kit zoom to sell with the gh1)

• Fingers crossed!!! OMG! Have a 4 day job starting Monday, and was already planning to use the 14-45 (and still am in the view of the FKB's track record). If they are posting them today... Maybe it's just your batch though, you guys have been waiting forever, I placed my order less then a month ago. Still, happy for you even if that is the case!