Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @sanzadez

Thank you so much! May I ask why this setting is there, is there a risk in shooting longer than 4 minutes at a time with this setting?

Anything I should look out for if I remove the limit?

• @apxmusic, the aquarius part was hilarious, i think i pissed my pants!

Did you use any sort of steadycam in the gaminghall? The first shots looked a bit like it, while the rest then did not.

Nice job, keep it up!

• Hello,

i'm a new user on this forum and new user in photo/video, I have a Panasonic GF2 and I have installed the : CLUSTER v6 'DREWnet' - Sedna/Orion Optimised classic GOP 12/15 PAL/NTSC.

But I have a little problem : when I record a video in 720P 24p I can't read the video on my GF2, it's say : problem, please check SD Card, I can only viewing the first image. I need to transfer the video on my PC for viewing.

but in 1080 (FSH) I have no problem, I can read the video.

Why ?

Thanks. Jeff

• @Adde There is a setting "Recording limit = 237". You can either uncheck that when you load the settings, or just delete that line from the ini file and you should be good to go

• I have a question regarding the YV Canis Majoris Day setting..

I am using a 32gb 45mb/s card and it works great... But I can only record just under 4 minutes at the time, why is that? The entire file takes about 1.4 gb, so it's not that it wont span or anything like that, so I really don't get it.

I like the setting, stable and nice! So please if anyone has an answer, help me out! =)

• @APXmusic glad the card is working good and man your video cracks me up, good job!

• Shot with Sedna Q20 on Sandisk Extreme 45mbps 32gb cards. No errors!

Warning: The humor may not be to your liking. You have been warned.

• @Michiel_83 , the second video is amazing!!! What lens did you use ?

• I'm currently working on a documentary of an old cemetery in the Netherlands called Bergklooster.

The second video is from a local singer Bep Pierik, she sings O Ignis Spiritus from the composer Hildegard von Bingen.

• @FEHA thank you!

• CM night crossfire @ 24H, SLRMagic 12mm

Please be gentle ;) I'm no film pro. I'm an artist trying to document my work as good as I can :)

• @Butt , very crisp, as in documentaries ...

• @Mirrorkisser thanks: as you can see, the dragonfly (Libelle) corresponds with me, head movements, etc. We had fun together - no, it was lucky @Mozes thanks

• Holy crap, that look really good/sharp @Butt

• @butt: very nice, how did you get the dragonfly to stay in the same position for so long?

• Test today with the patch from Nick: Cluster v6 Nebular A dragonfly has had time for me and enjoyed the shoot in the sun Lens: Leica 45mm f2.8 for all clips

• Hi Driftwood, thank you for your work, its great !!. i'm in europe and i use the the HBR mode only. what is the best hack for the 25p ? i tried the Drewnet with good results.

• And another shot on Sedna.

• @driftwood

Wedding shot on Nebular. Loving it, very partial to the GOP1 stuff but really needed the extra space for this all day shoot. Full video soon. Color was done in DaVinci and the GOP6 stuff help up dandy.

• CAN ANYBODY help my with my GF3.... i tryed 20 times to put some hacks and it wont work. i´m noob about it i think. i downloaded i tryed with firmware 1.1 for GH2.... wich firmware should i use? and wich filename should i save it in.... pl help. do some short story and axplain for me!!!!!

• @Mirrorkisser We shall see tomorrow!

• @andyharris, I don't see how that would be possible. The CMOS scan/refresh rate (whatever you would call it) wouldn't be any different regardless of hack settings. The only thing I can think of is maybe if shorter GOP settings gives you better/more accurate temporal data and therefore the skew is less prevalent - but that seems kind of far-fetched to me.

• @cantsin & @Driftwood -- Just got back, not sure if anyone is talking about 'The Truth' anymore.

I would stay that the huge difference is in the stabilisation of footage. Stock Footage has far more Jello than Hacked Footage. For me, looking at footage of rotating helicopter blades said it all.

• @apxmusic: the extreme 45s work fine with both cluster v6s. never any issue. also not with any other hacks. havent tried sedna q20 though.

• @strancali Thank you. I will try the Extreme 45s with the Sedna Q20 patch this weekend in Tokyo.