Personal View site logo
Canon EOS M and M2 Mirroless topic
  • 134 Replies sorted by
  • The pancake is 22mm.

22 * 1.6 = 35.

APS-C sensor + fast 35mm equivalent FOV lens... not bad at all.

15mm, 31mm, 53mm, 94mm... will complete the picture.

• @mpgxsvcd LOL. I bought a CC Turd from Canon once, fortunately I was able to return it. Curious how Canon got a "pancake" (let's call it a "biscuit") on a large sensor. Maybe new microlenses, or maybe the edges will be crappy like the Sony's.

• You can forget about 1080p60 from Canon. They can't even do that for their recent high end cameras.

• The one thing you have to remember is that Canon could crap out a credit card sized turd and still sell a ton of them as “Enthusiast Pocket Cameras”. The Canon name alone is enough to make this a best seller.

I am glad that Panasonic spends more on development than they do on marketing. However, spending a little more on marketing probably would help their bottom line.

This looks like a fine camera. Really all of the cameras in this price range take good pictures. It is just a matter of which one suits your style better. In a lot of cases “your style” means which brand are you loyal to.

• LoL. I hate Sony.

It looks ok. Hopefully it supports 1080p24, 1080p60, and full manual control (FMC).

• @stonebat

It is not about Panasonic.

All this designs (including GF3 and GF5) are inspired by NEX.

Something like: "Ouch, btw, we need to make camera for dumb guys, so controls won't scare them".

• Somewhere between GF3 and GX1 looking... since it has a hotshoe but lacks more buttons.

• From the manual controls POV It's seems something in the GF range. A GX1 has a lot of f buttons and dials. I'm curios about their sensor

• It is good that Canon is introducing mirrorless camera.