Personal View site logo
35mm F1.4 Samyang or Rokinon Prime Lens
  • 156 Replies sorted by
  • Here is color graded snapshot from my short documentary using the 35mm lens.

Jan-Majcher1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • I love this lens as well. Can't be more happier with it. I use it with Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Canon EOS EF Lens to MFT Micro 4/3.

• @Jspatz or anybody, which adaptor would you recommend to use this lens with the GH2? thanks in advance

• One of my favorite lenses. What kind of problem?

• Sorry for my poor English but I am interested in a Samyang 35mm Nikon mount for my GH2 and I think I understood that there are problems using it with a matte-box. Someone could give me an explanation? Another question I want to do is, with Samyang etc and I use the zoom to focus on the area? thanks

• @DUCK
    2012-13 Samyang will release their 35mm Cine Lens... Can't wait!
  • Sorry guys, but I seriously doubt Samyang will release a fast 50. I could be wrong, but over the past several years they've repeatedly side-stepped making a 50mm lens. This is most likely because it's a seriously oversaturated part of the market. While Samyang makes some awesome lenses, most purchasers are probably looking for the cheap way to get a certain focal length, and it's damn hard to compete when Canon is selling their 50mm 1.8 for all of one hundred dollars.

On a happier note, don't forget these lenses come in Pentax and Sony mounts too! I come from using them on my film and digital Pentax slrs, now have an adapter for my new GH2.
  • Got this in the mail today...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-AF-S-F-Lens-Micro-4-3-M4-3-Mount-Adapter-Tripod-Mount-GF7-GF3-G3-/230695651512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b68848b8#ht_5649wt_934

Great mount so much stronger than it looks... (actually its ROCK SOLID) 35mm "NO" wobble AT ALL!

Sorry about posting again, & images, but just to illustrate- the images are deceiving!
    NIGtoM43tm2j.jpg
    640 x 300 - 35K
    NIGtoM43tm3j.jpg
    640 x 300 - 40K
  • @Alexauwa whatever adaptor you get- find it on ebay... I have purchased a few 'chinese' adaptors- and for $20 they are not bad. I have a Nikon ->m43 on order that has a tripod mount attached- so I will report back when I get that. Lots of the adaptors now you can find with tripod mounts- so may help if your lens is LARGE.
  • @alcomposer I think for canon, depends which one Ill get
  • @Alexauwa you mean from Nikon -> m43?
  • @alcomposer
    @nomad

Thanks for info. Do you recommend any adapter for the GH2?
  • Walimex is a rebrand by a German importer (Waller).
  • @Alexauwa nothing is different - Samyang is the company- Rokinon is the 'rebrand' - there are a few other 'rebrands' as well. Good thing is get the one that is cheapest at the time!
  • @LPowell The rokinon 35 mm lens seem to be pretty hard to get in germany, but i can find a Samyang 35 mm and a Walimex Pro 35 mm 1,4. They all look the same. Where is the difference?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Sorry VK- didn't read your last post- was too wrapped up in the moment of discovery! Yes- Cinematics sounds like a great idea,.. what sort of lenses would they be interested in doing? (loosening off the dampened 35mm focus ring can be a start!)
  • Higher price tag? So? Their lenses currently are the cheapest on the planet- so what if each is $1000???
    Looked at the price of a geared lens these days? Price of cheapest pro prime kit will cost you a block of land!

They mentioned on email that this lens was specifically for VDSLR.. so may not be PL mount...
  • Ah... if Samyang releases cine lenses, prolly higher price tag...
  • +1 @stonebat
    +1 @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Hopefully this one will eventuate- (and if there is one geared lens [contact mentioned aperture + focus) then there are bound to be others!)
  • @alcomposer

Btw, if you don't want to wait so long we can work with Cinematics.
    They are doing professional conversions (up to the mount change) ala Duclos.
  • I more like to have fast primes:
    12mm, 17mm, 20mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 135mm line

It leave 17mm, 25mm, 50mm, 135mm for new Samyangs :-) 20mm also good, as electronic focusing on pancake is pain sometimes.
  • Woohoo!!!!

Samyang is new Zeiss. They deserve new nickname: Sam-Zeiss.

Let's wait and see!!! Oh please tell them about the heavy breathing issue.
  • Well- I know that VK H A T E S rumors- but this one has been emailed to me by the R&D team at Samyang.
    They have begun work on a Video 35mm 1.4 with Gears! Release July 2012...
    Maybe there will be a whole prime kit before 2013!
  • Let me guess... AF m43 lenses from Samyang next year? Or 12mm 2.0 cine lens?