Personal View site logo
Lenses for 2.35:1 "cropping"
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • @shian how do you make the fake anamorpic flare to give different color streaks?

• you can see that fake anamorphic filter in action here... i used it quite a bit in this piece.

try to ignore that weird gray line at the bottom. It was a weird conversion glitch.

• Prolly 20mm f1.7 would be the weakest link, but it's the cheapest option at the focal length at f1.7.

I'm hopeful. One day Samyang or somebody will make 19mm f1.4 lens for m43... at cheap price.

• @Roberto I like your tip. I got a Cinematics mattebox and it has top/bottom/sides flags :)

• That fake anamorphic flare filter... Wow

• Just updated with more stuff on the 1st post. Have fun~!

• @stonebat, This is a great resource. Many anamorphic shooters end up intercutting some cropped clips with the anamorphic footage. Extreme closeups, lowlight situations or special visual effects like fisheye shots call for non-anamorphic adapters. I have been too lazy to get this table done. Now i have it printed and laminated ready for the battles.

• @stonebat Yeah, thanks for the info Stone. I've been wanting to try this for a while.

• @stonebat Thanks! I shoot anamorphic lenses myself, but many shooters will appreciate the cost savings and ease of use of cropping. Also, we all have times when we have to mix cropped and squeezed footage. Soft and hard-mattes were discussed at http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/10478#Comment_10478