Personal View site logo
Does anyone else think this Jay Z short Doc is brilliant?
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • Isn't that wotten egg?

• @suresure123 you said: "If you didn't want to see my point by now you won't, go back to your firmware threads, have a nice day.." Rudeness is not often an endearing feature of one's personality. I have tried to be civil in this discussion, but you are behaving rather badly when others disagree with you. What WAS your point anyway?

• Its a forum thing but I find people make way more of the title of threads than the actual message typed in the OP. I could of worded it 'I think this Vodka Promo is really good even though it has many shots we might normally say are unusable and substandard like aliasing and noise' (Retard Version)

But that would be trying to make my point in a one line title rather than the OP which is what people are supposed to actually read. So go back and read the actual OP and then get back to me. Cause if you haven't even read the OP then you don't have the right to argue anything, period.

CAUSE MY POINT WAS CLEAR TO ANY FOOL.

Crappy shots which most on here would critic as unusable noisy shots that weren't professional were used to make a professional piece that worked (Ok you can can say its not the best 10 minutes in movie history but i struggle to accept its like some amateurish piece of shit....of which I'm saying gets posted on here as work 99% of the time, and the fact remains it was a high profile promo, for a big brand and a big star...no one can deny that even if they hate it)

SOOOO my point loud and friken clear WAS maybe we worry too much about perfect clean 'correct' shots and should focus on making something that is cohesive and not to only discuss ENDLESSLY for literally years thread after thread after threads on noise and aliasing etc and have more discussion on putting images together to portray something. So all this discussion about Oh it isn't really a Doc or oh its not brilliant or Oh its dated was completely not my point if you had spent 10 seconds to read what I was talking about. You read one line over and over again and then dived in to argue some stupid points, If you had spent just 1 minute reading what I had said in the first few posts you wouldn't of posted such irrelevant nonsense.

IF you can't get this point then the only thing I have left to say is, Sorry for your learning disability but thats your problem not mine.

• @suresure123

Keep calm, do not start any conflicts.

Live with simple fact that everyone opinion can be different. And many people do not care for your opinion at all.

• In 2005 the purveyors of cutting edge documentaries, VH1, decided to create a brilliant documentary called "NAS Driven" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0794744/

Armed to the teeth with people, Viacom's money, a few interns, and inspired by a few late night reruns of MTV Yo! Documentaries they decide to mix well lit interviews with purposeful cutting edge, gritty, blownout, and shaky footage of NYC buildings, bridges, and streets. The behind the scenes of the performances were also unbeeeheelievable!!! They even thought of layering some video on top of each other! Unheard of!!!

You know what was more amazing that creating this doc with a rapper and that style? All this was to be seen in the first 2 minutes of the documentary!!!! Uhhhhhh-mazzziiiiing!!

You know whats more amazing? 5 years later in 2010 a vodka ad was created with a rapper as the central protagonist. Well, that and not a single review of the original brilliant doc has a review up on IMDB is amazing, but that's beside the point.

Armed to the teeth with people, Absolut vodka's money, a few interns, and inspired by a few late night reruns of MTV Yo! Documentaries and VH1's Driven they decide to mix well lit interviews with purposeful cutting edge, gritty, blownout, and shaky footage of NYC buildings, bridges, and streets. The behind the scenes of the performances were also unbeeeheelievable!!!

Absolut, rapper, and a few others approved ad. All was good until...

Amazingly another 5 years later a guy scouring Youtube hits upon the Absolut Vodka ad. Taken in by the "beautiful" purposeful cutting edge, gritty, blownout, and shaky footage of NYC buildings, bridges, and streets. He declares on a forum "Does anyone else think this Jay Z short Doc is brilliant?" which of course is only a title. That's not what he meant, He meant the" Vodka Promo is really good even though it has many shots we might normally say are unusable and substandard like aliasing and noise'

But enough of that! I present to you.... "VH1's Nas Driven"

• are these documentaries or info-mercial-mentaries?

• Just for reference, suresure has been a member on this forum for about one month. I'm now beginning to understand why Driftwood and some others don't frequent this forum very often these days. I do find it interesting that suresure does not ask questions of the experienced forum members who have replied to his original post. In my experience attacking other people's point of view indicates a lack of confidence or maturity. I no longer care about this 'discussion'.

• @ipcmir I watched the first 5 minutes of your clip. Honestly I don't know what you are seeing that makes you think this is comparable to the Jay-Z promo. Honestly I can't get into your head and eyes but I see something 100% different.

If anything it proves my point that crappy shots and cheesy editing can either look like a 90's reality show or a stylish documentary. Its all in the eye I guess.

• @Caveport The only guy I see with one of those long time badges Matt-GH2, agreed with me and said Amen, I even made a comment to reply to what he said, he seemed polite and offered an example of what I was talking about which I tried to check out FYI but I don't have Netflix, Very positive. You however......

So maybe you shouldn't assume why people leave forums, who knows it could be due to people like you...

• Well, topic closed.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions