Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Any news on GH2/GH3 hacks/patchs? Seems like a TABU thing that nobody talks about (deleted posts & topics¿?¿?)

• @jebsly Thanks! No the flares are from videocopilot. I animated them in each clip using AE dynamic link in Premiere. I shot the entire video using a Nikkor AIS 50mm f/1.4 at f/2.0 and the flare coming off the stage lights wasn't the prettiest. I decided to add some anamorphic flare to make it look a bit more attractive instead of distracting.

• @IVIaverick52 That music video looks brilliant! Did you shoot with an anamorphic lens?

• Just cut together a show reel for the new year. 90% of it was shot using drewnet T9

Password: 123

• Drewnet T9 use 14-42 & lumix g hd 45-175 (my new lens test)

• It definitely held up well considering the high contrast lighting. I have another music video gig coming up next month that I want to use Moon for, but first I need some higher speed SD cards haha.

• @IVlaverick52 You achieved great results with the Drewnet T9 patch. Excellent job!

• All filmed on Drewnet T9.

• @Tjabo I use Lumix 14-42 3.5 ISO 160-400 :)

• music video I've been working on should be ready by tomorrow.

• @TATZU well yes he is not the best lol! Thanks for the feedback

• @Aashay in After Effects it took quite a bit of manipulation in the curves. I lowered the red across the board. Lows, mids, and highs all reduced with a curve reducing mids even more. When it started to look relatively de-saturated but neutral, I added a slight S curve and reduced the white clipping point while bringing up the mids slightly to compensate for the huge mid reduction in the red channel. This takes a bit of playing with since skin tones have so much red in them. From there I just tweaked the blue and green channels and increased the saturation until I got something adequately natural looking.

• @IVIaverick52 Thats kickass dude! I have a shot that is similar.. Can you tell me how you were able to take it there?

• @IVIaverick52 That is pretty amazing

• I haven't had the need to really push grading on the Drewnet T9 patch until recently. I had to get footage of a guitarist for a solo section in a music video and the venue had all red lights, non DMX controlled, and the lighting guy wouldn't change them to white. I'm amazed at what I was able to pull out of what I would have otherwise thought to be terrible footage. Here's a quick before and after CC.

drewnet color correction.jpg
    960 x 824 - 190K
  • @Bara I have had issues with Moon T7 not recording and locking up the camera. I really like the IQ but have changed to HQ3GOP v12 for the moment, as it is really reliable, has good IQ and spans!

• @DeShonDixon This may work...but its only $20 less than the Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s card. Maybe someone else here can chime in if they've had good luck with Sandisk 80MB/s cards like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/992492-REG/sandisk_sdsdxs_064g_a46_64gb_sdxc_extreme_class.html

• @BurenetRhoades Yeah ive used the same 95mb 64 gb card for 2 years but I recently lost it during a shoot I trying to see of there was a cheap alternate so i can save some money or should i buy the same card

• @DeShonDixon I'd be really surprised if it didn't. The real question comes down to reliability and whether or not it spans.

I was using two Panasonic brand 90/45Mb SDXC cards and they were complete trash. I was really surprised. Both ended up failing, one after the first day of use, during a format and the second a couple months later with a full day's shoot on it. Didn't span either. I'm determined to stick to Sandisk now.

• @Alex_K Yes T7 on 24H

• @maddog15 you have reported recording stops (2 out of 50). Was it T7 24H?

• @Bara The long and short it, I went back to T5 because of the same quirky issues. Wasn't a huge deal until I was on set and the client wanted to preview the last few takes on the monitor. T7 (shooting 24H) randomly decided it didn't want to do this. (Very embarrassing but the files were there when I copied to my computer....whew!) I did the usual, turn camera off then on again, recorded small quick clips at the end of long takes etc. ...but no luck. A couple times (2 out of 50) it just stopped recording. Unfortunately it was in the middle of a couple of really good takes. So I just couldn't risk it anymore. T5 is my stock firmware and has been for months. Perhaps T8 will be more stable. I know Nick is supposed to be close to releasing it.

Good luck.

• I have to report a problem on moon T7. I dont know if somebody else has experienced it, but I had several freezes with moon T7 on a sandisk extreme 64gb. I was recocording with 1080 50i.

When we started shooting, we could no watch the 50i files afterwards in camera. As it froze 2 times in a row while recording, i switched to 24p. Then suddendly we could see the 50i footage we had recorded. While recording with 24p, the preview lagged, like it had only 15 fps. Watching the files after recording, everything was smooth and fine.

These problems are new to me, I have been using moon T5 for a long time. After this day I might put it back on...

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters