Personal View site logo
Gold House Sessions - Live Music Video Sessions (All GH2!)
  • Hey PV,

Been off the wagon here for a bit but here's what we've been working on.

The Gold House has been a DIY venue here in Albuquerque for about 8 years. We're adding live sessions to the mix. Here are a few.

Young Lungs was shot on 5 GH2s, Sondra on 4, and Basement on 2. Such a versatile and powerful camera. Big thanks to @driftwood and @Vitaliy_Kiselev

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Very nice work and some really great performances. Can you share your set up - lenses used, lighting, rig, monitors etc. I'm especially interested in knowing what lenses you used. Looks like a small space for 5 cameras.

• By the way, that first Young Lungs song, very Neil Young and Crazy Horse sounding. Cool stuff.

• @Pino - Thanks!

For the Young Lungs stuff it was a pretty miserable shoot. We had a 35mm Zeiss Contax prime on a dolly (drummer shots), a 28mm Zeiss prime on a rig (wider singer shots), a 14-140mm Panasonic zoom at 18mm for the ultrawide master and a 50mm Zeiss prime for the beauty shots of the singer and the rhythmic rack focus shots of the keyboardist.

Lighting was the miserable part. The studio we shot these in had no AC and in the middle of June in New Mexico it's a scorcher. Add 5 cam ops and a full band plus two 1K Arris (in either corner, dual purpose key and rim light), it was very unbearable.

No monitors on any of the shoots, just the VF and LCD. As far as rigs, we shoot on Gini.

The Basement session was shot on a Zeiss 28mm prime and a OM 50mm. Lighting was only house lamps.

Sondra's video was a mix of 28, 50.

• man that's awesome! i love the 70's look, that's what i'm trying to get myself, do you mind sharing what you did in post for young lungs?

• wwwwooooonnnnndddddeeeerrrrrfffffffffuuuuuuuulllll llllll llllll!!!!
    All of them, and very true performances and nice ambient breathing every pore and pixel.
    With no doubt the Basement was my favourite, thanks god there are still people like her and him
    and freedom with broken bra, meant arm. I'm with bumsplunkunpkginsengg :P on the 70's look. Real nice rice!!!
    thank you mr. artist of war for sharing =)

• @bumsklumpen - Post was just FilmConvert, using a Fuji film Velv stock. Super quick turn around is the goal.

@maxr - Thank you!

• Thanks, can't wait to see new videos !