Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @cjdincer Thanks much. Yes I used T5 for a job and the patch performed perfectly. But I was shooting in 24p. It's coming back to me now... The last time I used T7 in HBR mode play back in cam got glitchy when the client wanted to review what we shot.

I'm thinking maybe DREWNet for this in HBR. Anyone have experience with T8 or T9 in HBR? (NTSC) I've tested with T8 for a couple of days. Beautiful. But I went back to Moon because if the All Intra quality.

Thanks again

• @maddog15 yes I think moonT5 has the most stable HBR in moon trials. but again it cannot be trusted working on a serious job. just be careful.

• @kidgray smooth all -2 lens mostly used was the leica 25mm 1.4

• @imackreath That first shot was gorgeous, excellent work on the film.

• Can someone remind me which Moon Trial version was stable in HBR. Really need to film something in 29.97 but Moon T7 on HBR keeps locking the camera up. Sometimes it'll record for 2 minutes and sometimes 2 seconds but it eventually locks up. Have to do the ole' battery pull to reset. Moon T5 I think worked? I apologize in advance for keeping such poor notes on versions.

Thanks all.

• lmackreath @ What film mode did you use? Smooth or natural? Lens?

• @cbm32221 No it was shot at 720p at 50p and conformed to 25p in FCP X. Orignally I used filmconvert for both colour and grain but after web compression the grain looked too mushy so I removed that and reuploaded without it.

• Another successful moon T7 test

• @Stylz the Speedbooster definitely improves sharpness but i would attribute it mostly to controlling the light. Had big windows (all natural light, great light wrap around face) with shades that dimmed the light Perfectly.

the hack was cool too, i guess (;

• @gaddi I watched this and thought "wow that is a really clean image". Then I realized I was watching 480p, switched to 720p and the medium frontal of the guy speaking looks like he is standing right in front of me, as if there no lens or recording medium in the way. Would you attribute a good deal of this to the speedbooster?

• Promo video using Moon t7, Speedbooster, and all nikon lenses. If you're down for a good cause, check their stuff out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hQUOBu0ntgg

• Using older Driftwood hack

• @lmackreath Those are some impressive images. GH2 is still a powerhouse in the right hands.

• @imackreath That looks great! Was this filmed in HBR mode and converted to 24fps? Also, when you used film convert, did you use it for color, grain, or both. Thanks!

• recent family week away shot with moon T7

• one thing that I forgot to mention grain was added with filmconvert. and like always thanks @vitaly and thanks nick @driftwood for all your hard work.

• I know this forum is for moon trial 7 and other latest patches. but i wanna how good moon trial 5 behave in low light condition.

• @stylz try Drewnet T9. Did a quick test, and it`s OK

• thank you,@Driftwood !The location is unique for pictures really :)

• Good work @kris. Great place to film - Ive done a few sdcards down there in Almeira. :-)

• DREWNET T9 lens pan 14-42mm; Canon FD 50mm f1,8

key : west2013

• @elpedro1984. I don't think card write errors have anything to do with external monitors. I use Sandisk 64Gb 95/mbs card and Moon T4 or T7 don't span on HBR/FSH and I get those sporratic errors periodically. That's why if I need longer recording, I use FH/H modes which are still twice the bitrate of the stock firmware and look very good.

• @stylz, Today I had the same problem on Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb in HBR.

@all, I've used an external monitor. Could that be the reason?

• @mee, what version from Exceria; Type 1, Type 2, HD?, Im thinking testing Moon T7 and I will go for the sure, my cards Sandisk Class 10, 30mb/s and 45mb/s probably cant work with M T7.

Thanks.

• @mee yes, I looked a for a bit, but didn't find a related thread (PV search FTL). I meant to compare it's IQ to MoonT7 to stay partially on topic, but alas...

edit: after some more digging, I found some threads using search terms 'SH burst mode'

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters