Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @GravitateMediaGroup, yes.

@JuMo, Please find the thread pertaining to it so we can stay on topic in this thread. There were some beautiful examples from some users that made the best of that mode in the original thread. Sorry forgot the title of the thread, but likely not hard to find.

• @mee Oh, the shutterless burst mode. I've experimented with it fairly extensively in past, but to be honest, I found that it's not really practical for almost any real shooting situation - it does give you the extra resolution at 40fps, but for a max of only 2 second takes, and it suffers from jpeg artifacts, often quite noisy images and occasionally severe flicker. Not to mention the LONG delay between processing a burst and being able to shoot another burst (even on SanDisk extreme 95s) and the additional post workflow steps required to use it. Any examples of it being used effectively?

• @mee so in a way, you're talking about using a burst mode to act as a video mode. kind of similar to how raw cams operate, but with jpeg instead?

• The IMAX mode I refer to is the SH speed shutter function for photos where it takes 40 fps for up to 2 seconds. It's just 2 seconds, but at half speed (20fps) it makes for some very clear 2336x1772 slow motion 4 second shots (all you often need). Because it is in photo mode it lacks the beautiful color profiles of Driftwood and the other dedicated patch magicians here. There is a section elsewhere on this subject if you need more info.

• SanDisk 64 GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s

• Well, Stylz perhaps your SD card is not acceptable. which SD card are you using?

• Well, I took my GH2 with Moon T7 into an afterhours club...the camera froze on me around 10 times on HBR. I had to pull and reinsert battery. The club has lots of moving laser lights. Although the picture is great, losing shots like that isn't acceptable in that situation. Anyone have suggestions for a more reliable patch for this type of situation?

• gh2-ob.50mm f1.2 nikkor-moon t7

• @David1313 I wouldn't buy either... off Ebay. Especially when you can get that San Disk 64gb a bit cheaper than that from Amazon, BHphoto, etc...

• @mee I'm also interested in your comment about this claimed 'hidden IMAX mode'. Pretty bold comparison. I've never heard of such a thing and I honestly have no clue what you could even be referring too. Please fill us in!

• about the ideal SD card , I'm a little confused by the price difference, which would buy you for moon t7 hack?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/230931353526?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/130952933583

• Also the PNC 32GB 90MB/s works well too. I picked up 2 of these at BestBuy a few days ago in Clearance sale for $30 each.

• @mee Can you elaborate on this IMAX mode? It sounds intriguing. Googling it doesn't turn up much results.

• @sudharsun et maddog15

Toshiba Exceria R95 W90MB/s card works as well for high end patches. The only place the sandisk 95MB/s has an edge is in SH shutter speed for photos aka "the GH2's hidden IMAX mode". The 32 GB Exceria can be had for under $50 which makes it my go to card for all of Driftwoods latest patches.

• @sudharsun you need to use SanDisk Extreme Pro 95Mb/s 64GB card for patches as demanding as Moon T7. That's the patch and card I have and it works perfectly.

• @driftwood I used 'Moon T7' in 'SanDisk Ultra 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card 30MB/s' and in any settings I couldn't record beyond 4 secs. So it means the card isn't fast enough or is there any other fault?

Previously I was using Sanity 5 in it without much issues.

• Oleg. The first scene with the car was shot on Driftwoods amazing Intravenus w/ a Samyung 35MM_1.4 lens. The second episode that I have posted above was shot using Moon T7 for the very last scene in the office between the two men.

• @Cinexa, great, beginning in the car, looks like a film, was it shot on GH2, this scene?

• @arimurad I like, about the photography, used film convert?

• A Short film with a hacked GH2, Moon T7

Password GH2

• Connection error but otherwise cool ...

• Episode 2 of my web series "Te$tiMoney" shot on a hacked GH2 w/driftwood(moon T7) and Sony F3.

• Some wild nature outdoor of my house, my cat catch snake. (Shooted on GH2 HBR 25P, hack: Spizz T6)

Photo of snake: http://i42.tinypic.com/1235h0o.jpg

• Recent work with MoonT7 as the lead camera. Bits of 5D and NEX footage in here, as well. Challenging lighting during the event itself, but overall I was pleased with the camera's performance. This was a few weeks ago, and I now have a GH3 in my possession which will take over as ACAM for the interviews, where I was having some trouble with spanning on T7. Then again, I really don't need video past 4 minutes for any interviewee, so it's not that big a deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ODA8UCYke3o

• Not all the players and tvs have been multi standard capable (and that has been a big issue for me in vhs years) and now I must suppose not all the people have multi standard systems yet. But I hope I can forget about it very soon. The problem is that in fhd age Pal and Ntsc are still dividing us, and the "new" Gh3 came out in two different versions. A shame.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters