Personal View site logo
Soul_Sailing
  • My new vid has gone online:

Sailing - recently discovered by getting dragged in from one of my best friends to go sailing with him, it is something which I instantly fell in love with. Here are my fascinating discoveries - enjoy!

Music from the motion picture: The Perfume - Story of a Murderer

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunthermachu

Shot over the course of 4 days in Croatia with my trusted Lumix GH1 and GH2 (both hacked) and mostly SLR Magic 12mm f1.6 plus Voigtlaender 25mm f0.95.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • That is far too much luxury for anyone in anyone's lifetime!

• you're the man!

• @GMC wonderful work gain Gunther! I think it is the perfect title. As a sailor I feel people should try to experience sailing if they can - such a fantastic thing for the soul. Well done.

image.jpg
    3872 x 2592 - 1M
  • @andyharris haha, funny comment! In terms of the whole thing, it is pure luxury. In terms of money, it is not (fortunately).

• @pchristoph you are totally right - nice to meet other sailors here! Nice picture!

• Good stuff, and sailing definitely needs fresh eyes for video. Just flew up to San Francisco and was out all day shooting the Red Bull Youth America's Cup for a St. Francis Yacht Club charity. Amazing day on the bay. Moon T7, baby.

• I think that might be about the most you could ever get out of one of these cameras!! Looks amazing but your life looks like it sucks pretty bad. Sorry about that man. Maybe one day it will turn around ;)

Looks like you exposed for the highlights everywhere eh? Just great, thanks. Looked amazing on a 27" 2k monitor.

• @kellar42 hey, great! If you have anything up let us know!

• @vicharris Thanks for watching, well, yes life is treating me very bad these days ;-) With the GH cameras stuff looks better imo if you expose for the highlights.

• Beautiful images and compositions. Makes me want to get out there, been to Dubrovnik but never seen Croatia from the ocean pov.

• @griplimited Thats exactly what was so eye opening for me - to see the croatia from the sea's perspective is so much different than from the land!

• @matt_gh2 Thanks for watching and commenting!