Personal View site logo
35mm F1.4 Samyang or Rokinon Prime Lens
  • 156 Replies sorted by
  • +1. They gotta rename the brand to Rockinon. Or Rocky!!!

I thought about selling my FD, AI-s, Vivitar, Hexanon... but those are fun "small" lenses for my personal work. Keep'em all.
  • The Rockinon rocks!!! I got the lens few weeks ago. When I got the lens, I thought it's really heavy and big, because I used to use Nikon 35mm 1.8G for 35mm FOV. Now I want to sell my all other prime lenses to get all Samyang.
  • It's primarily for indoor interview. 20mm was a bit wide... catching lighting devices. 50mm was a bit long. 35mm is just perfect for indoor interview from waist-up. Good corner sharpness at 2.0 is definitely a plus. Hopefully this becomes my cash cow.
  • I have one too. It is truly an excellent lens despite quite a bit of purple fringing and aberrations and heavy breathing. Exceptional lens. However, I 'm actually thinking of selling mine. I got it cause my two other main lenses, the 20mm 1.7 and the nikkor 50mm 1.2 AI-S in FF terms are 40mm and 100mm, leaving a big gap in between, which the 35mm covers as it is equivalent to 70mm. But, for portraits and close ups, I prefer the nikkor 50mm, for handheld and "wides", the 20mm is obviously better, so I haven't really got much use from the 35mm. I think if you shoot in confined spaces like small houses+apartments, and do interviews and stuff, it's really usefull, but for most of the stuff I do, I can move with the 50mm a bit further back and get the 70mm equivalent, not that big of a deal for me. But I'm not too worried as it's a good investment and I bet is easy to resell, so I'll think about it a bit more, it's just that I'm short on cash and haven't got proper income, and I'd rather have another couple lights. :(
  • Video samples plz with your 100+ low GOP settings? :)