Personal View site logo
Elementarschaden (Short Movie|5DII RAW|Zeiss Primes)
  • Hello Guys,

I am happy to share with you the trailer for our Short Movie "Elementarschaden", which means as much as "Damage from natural Hazards" - about a fictional Incident, taking place during the real flood catastrophe in Germany, June 2013.

We shot on 5DMKII RAW and Zeiss Planar & Distagon Primes only. The movie is now applying in all major film festivals in germany, therefore I can only publish a trailer for now. I added English subtitles for your convenience.

I am happy to hear your thoughts! :)

regards

Felix

FATPIGtures

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • I didn't know the magic lantern raw hack had come along so well for the mark ii. How did you get it running, and what was the experience like?

• Hi digger,

well the process is very straightforward, the hack is pretty evolved by now- and has the really nice side effect that the 5DII keeps outputting HD via HDMI, as opposed to SD when recording H.264.

I can say that wen have had no issues with the hack whatsoever. In post-processing there were 2 files with wrong blacklevel set, which I could correct with a Hex Editor after a short inquiry in magic lantern forums. RAW files were converted to Cineform with my BATCHelor Software and then for the final grade I used raw2cdng. I can say it has been a really great experience.

I tested the difference between photo-zoom lenses and the Zeiss primes. I can say that these primes really make the difference as to the look. If you get a chance, use them. :)

• Thanks. I just got it up and running on my 5D2. Looks great so far. Were you able to get stable 1920x1080? What cards were you using?

• I would be eternally grateful for a straightforward walkthrough of the process for the MKII as well, seems the MKIII has dozens of tutorials but it's a bit different for the II...

• this is the video I followed for installing it on my MKII: http://crewofone.com/2013/how-to-shoot-raw-video-on-your-canon-5d2-5d3-or-6d/

it wasn't step-by-step perfect once the magic lantern was installed on the card but easy to see where to go from there.

• Thank you @digger, that helps immensely as I already use pre-raw magic lantern, with this I can figure it out! Now just need faster cards, haha..

• @digger: well, 2.40:1 at 1880 was stable no problem. - 1920 is only available in crop mode and is extremely slow.

• @fatpig coming back to this: 1880 by what? did you use anamorphic glass? what sequence size did you edit in?