Personal View site logo
GH3 ordering and availability topic
  • 239 Replies sorted by
  • I got my camera from my pre order in dec from gerry gibbs last week. I ordered a battery grip with it. they sent my order to someone else in townsville and i got their order of just the body. tracking number showed it delivered in townsville and the order number on the parcel did not match my order. so theres some lucky bugger in townsville that scored a free battery grip. If they had not have cocked up my order I would have praised their service as they were quite accurate on stock and delivery date.

Its just not enough supply and demand unfortunately. Im sure if they could all get more they would to make quick $$$.

• hey @azza_act you in Canberra? me too! anyway - here's an update I got from Panasonic after posting on their Facebook page www.facebook.com/PanasonicAustralia:

"globally there has been huge demands for this model and we are now fulfilling back orders. Panasonic Australia is receiving weekly shipments and we expect to clear the majority of back orders by the end of this month"

I guess that's something. Though they haven't yet responded to my follow up comment...

• Why is it so hard for both Panasonic and GGCW to be up front about shipping dates - I can wait if I know but the lack of transparency and updates is not doing the reputation of either of these companies any good!.

It is Panasonic GHx. They all have same fate.

• @plusone got exactly the same issue. I'm a little worried about Gerry Gibbs because i have a deposit with them too, have now for a couple of weeks. Digital camera warehouse has the same problem too, I've called them at least 5-6 times this month. But someone did tell me that the 28th of this month is looking good for shipping but as history has shown us, that could change. I've got a couple weddings on next month and foolishly I sold one of my GH2s; thinking it was going to be replaced with the GH3... it's a long wait indeed.

• My Fellow Australians

Has anyone managed to get a PAL GH3 from a retailer yet (in Oz)?
    I'm being dicked around by Gerry Gibbs Camera Warehouse and my pre-order and want to cancel it and find a unit elsewhere.

When Panasonic announced the cameras were shipping here (23 Jan) I asked GGCW to udpate my order and was told that I Panosonic only released 30 units of which they got a few and that I was 3rd on the list for the next batch due 6 Feb. So after 6 Feb came and went I asked for an update to find out that I'm 1st on the list for the next shipment - they're not sure when it's due but think 22 Feb. I've asked them to confirm that they only got 2 units in the last shipment and complained that at this rate I'll just get it along with everyone else in Australia and what was the point of pre-ordering.

They've been silent. I appreciate that this camera is in hot demand but really, can't they just confirm (after finding out from Panasonic) when the camera is expected to ship. I've already had to make different arrangements on one paid gig I was going to use this camera for and now it looks like the next one is in jeopardy.

Why is it so hard for both Panasonic and GGCW to be up front about shipping dates - I can wait if I know but the lack of transparency and updates is not doing the reputation of either of these companies any good!.

If anyone out there has any info on shipping I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

• Hi - ok - so apparently my listing some ebay thing was not cool because my addition to this thread was deleted. Sorry, i am learning the ropes. I love this forum and yes, i am engaged in getting a GH3. I have the Lx7 and GH2 hacked edition ;-) Certainly i am happy for this site and the great work and anyway i noticed that the ebay listing was from a real store and it still seems to have stock so perhaps you won't mind me mentioning this ... i am not affiliated, just a shmo buying a camera. I don't want an EU rec time limited edition of GH3 so i go the NTSC (such a joke this NTSC reference to 30/60fps) https://www.bjphoto.net/BJ_ProductSearch.aspx?Look=gh3

• The Driftwood deal is still in operation at the Brighton Panasonic Shop! I just ordered a GH3 with 12-35 lens, spare battery and shotgun mic for £2209.97

The next best deal I found from an online retailer I felt I could trust was £2228.77 from www.cvp.com

• Adaroma is backordered now @Vitaliy_Kiselev B&H has a target date of the 28th for their next shipment http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=panasonic+lumix+dmc-gh3&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ta

• Thanks VK for the update.

• @azza_act

Nope. Our next batch of PAL cameras is also not available yet.

• Anyone know if there's any PAL GH3s up for sale?

• @azza_act kits are avaiable at Henry's e.g. http://www.henrys.com/75597-PANASONIC-GH3-W-LUMIX-14-140-LENS.aspx I don't know where you can buy body in stock though.

• Does anyone know where I could buy a GH3 (PAL/NTSC)? Or are they all back ordered?

• @Vitaliy I would, but I need 25p :(

• @Vitaliy haha..yeah i know but i've never had the balls to try lol. If i dont get my pre order by next week ending i just might give it a shot. I have asked ebayers to fudge value with lenses and it has gotten through so it just might work =)

• @MRfanny

Again, it is you personally who wrote customs declaration at Shipito :-)

• You just might get stung with import tax to Oz cause its over 1k thats all. I've got stuff sent to Aus with shipito, never had a prob...same goes with B&H

• Wish they send some down south to Australia...

You can order from any of them and sent to Shipito :-) As I understand BH sends outside US by itself.

• Wish they send some down south to Australia...