Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Upcoming Nikon mirrorless cameras
  • The two models of the Nikon mirrorless camera will be called Nikon V1 and Nikon J1
    Both bodies will be identical, except that one will have a self timer LED on the top right and different colors for the lens release button.
    Nikon V1 will have a built-in high resolution EVF. The Nikon J1 will not have an EVF .

•Cameras will have both phase and contrast AF detection
    •10.1MP
    •ISO range: 100-3200 (with H1-6400)
    •CCD sensor (WTF? It'll be CMOS for sure.)
    •Both cameras will have 2.7x crop factor
    •3 in. LCD screen
    •The J1 model will have a built-in flash
    •The V1 will not have a built-in flash but it will have a multi-accessory port which will support external flash and a GPS device
    •No traditional flash hot shoe on both models
    •There will be a F-mount adapter
    •Both cameras will probably be made of plastic
    •Full HD movie with many additional features
    •EXPEED 3 processor with 600 megapixels per second processing power

The four mirrorless lenses are:
    •10mm f/2.8 pancake lens
    •10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens (very short and portable)
    •10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
    •30-110mm VR

The company will price the mirrorless camera plus lens at 70,000 yen-100,000 yen ($900-$1,300), which is on a par with rivals’ offerings

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2011/09/09/nikon-v1-and-j1-the-new-mirrorless-cameras-from-nikon.aspx/#ixzz1XWGKwVah
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • I am a Nikon fanboy but this is exactly why I lost faith in them. They just don't seem to get it.
  • yeah, this one will be good for my mum ;-)
  • 2.7x crop factor is extremely boring. The 2x of MFT is about the minimum that i can enjoy.
  • It will be fun to use with 16mm lenses for shure. And it that baby would actualy have a ccd it is a cheap ikonoskop.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions