Personal View site logo
Upcoming Nikon mirrorless cameras
  • The two models of the Nikon mirrorless camera will be called Nikon V1 and Nikon J1
    Both bodies will be identical, except that one will have a self timer LED on the top right and different colors for the lens release button.
    Nikon V1 will have a built-in high resolution EVF. The Nikon J1 will not have an EVF .

•Cameras will have both phase and contrast AF detection
    •10.1MP
    •ISO range: 100-3200 (with H1-6400)
    •CCD sensor (WTF? It'll be CMOS for sure.)
    •Both cameras will have 2.7x crop factor
    •3 in. LCD screen
    •The J1 model will have a built-in flash
    •The V1 will not have a built-in flash but it will have a multi-accessory port which will support external flash and a GPS device
    •No traditional flash hot shoe on both models
    •There will be a F-mount adapter
    •Both cameras will probably be made of plastic
    •Full HD movie with many additional features
    •EXPEED 3 processor with 600 megapixels per second processing power

The four mirrorless lenses are:
    •10mm f/2.8 pancake lens
    •10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens (very short and portable)
    •10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
    •30-110mm VR

The company will price the mirrorless camera plus lens at 70,000 yen-100,000 yen ($900-$1,300), which is on a par with rivals’ offerings

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2011/09/09/nikon-v1-and-j1-the-new-mirrorless-cameras-from-nikon.aspx/#ixzz1XWGKwVah
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • I am a Nikon fanboy but this is exactly why I lost faith in them. They just don't seem to get it.
  • yeah, this one will be good for my mum ;-)
  • 2.7x crop factor is extremely boring. The 2x of MFT is about the minimum that i can enjoy.
  • It will be fun to use with 16mm lenses for shure. And it that baby would actualy have a ccd it is a cheap ikonoskop.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions