Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
35mm F1.4 Samyang or Rokinon Prime Lens
  • 156 Replies sorted by
  • +1. They gotta rename the brand to Rockinon. Or Rocky!!!

I thought about selling my FD, AI-s, Vivitar, Hexanon... but those are fun "small" lenses for my personal work. Keep'em all.
  • The Rockinon rocks!!! I got the lens few weeks ago. When I got the lens, I thought it's really heavy and big, because I used to use Nikon 35mm 1.8G for 35mm FOV. Now I want to sell my all other prime lenses to get all Samyang.
  • It's primarily for indoor interview. 20mm was a bit wide... catching lighting devices. 50mm was a bit long. 35mm is just perfect for indoor interview from waist-up. Good corner sharpness at 2.0 is definitely a plus. Hopefully this becomes my cash cow.
  • I have one too. It is truly an excellent lens despite quite a bit of purple fringing and aberrations and heavy breathing. Exceptional lens. However, I 'm actually thinking of selling mine. I got it cause my two other main lenses, the 20mm 1.7 and the nikkor 50mm 1.2 AI-S in FF terms are 40mm and 100mm, leaving a big gap in between, which the 35mm covers as it is equivalent to 70mm. But, for portraits and close ups, I prefer the nikkor 50mm, for handheld and "wides", the 20mm is obviously better, so I haven't really got much use from the 35mm. I think if you shoot in confined spaces like small houses+apartments, and do interviews and stuff, it's really usefull, but for most of the stuff I do, I can move with the 50mm a bit further back and get the 70mm equivalent, not that big of a deal for me. But I'm not too worried as it's a good investment and I bet is easy to resell, so I'll think about it a bit more, it's just that I'm short on cash and haven't got proper income, and I'd rather have another couple lights. :(
  • Video samples plz with your 100+ low GOP settings? :)