Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • I had a camera freeze with Drewnet T9 24H on the 64GB 95mbps Extreme Pro card at about 40 minutes of recording. Had to remove the battery. First freeze with GH2 for me ever, of course i had to happen in the middle of single camera shooting of theatre play.. I've always used intra settings before but I needed 90+ minutes of continuos recording time for this gig. Is this freeze thing totaly random or some settings are more prone to it than others? What other setting could I use for this kind of events?

• @johnnyskulls, amazing work--LOVE IT! :)

• @inqb8tr

If I were you and I had to shoot something that long and wanted to make sure the camera would not freeze I would use Cake V2.3 excellent super reliable patch. I have tested this patch to death and it is super reliable. Out of the Cluster X series of patches I found Drewnet to be the most unreliable, try and shoot it in other modes and see what happens. The camera will freeze and you will have to perform a battery pull. So to your question I would say that Drewnet is more prone to freezing in general than any of the other patches from the Cluster X series. If I am not mistaken Drewnet actually pushes the envelope in terms of processing power so this is probably why it is more unstable.

• Here is my short movie. Shot on moon t7, sigma 30mm 1.4 with lens turbo almost all scenes.. I was inspired by vimeo´s horror movies. Thank you Nick Driftwood.

• @matt_gh2 :) Thanks. When I use the 45-175 line. F5.6 I found flickering .I'm still trying to solve.:)

• @RdC, what an amazing little movie you made there!!! Was this the RJ Lens Turbo Vitaliy sells?

• Looks great! @RdC

• My Latest Film All Shot On t7

Looking forward to T8!!!

• I hacked my GH2 with Moon T7, how can I set it to 60P? Many thanks.

• @tommydw set camera to movie mode, menu-creative movie- set manual movie mode, menu-motion picture-rec mode- set to avchd 720p

• Has anyone on here seen mention of any direct comparisons between a Moon T7 hacked GH2 and a GH4? If I'm being honest, since I got my GH4 I haven't done anything with my GH2, but then I pulled up some old footage I took with T7, and it looked really good... :) I'll probably have to get it in gear and do some sort of a comparison some time coming up I guess.

• @TATZU, very nice shooting and edit!

What lenses did you use for that, and was the waterslide-ish part shot with a GoPro or something?

• would also love to see a direct comparison between moon t7 hacked gh2 and a gh4!

• oh yes, what @mjfan said, this would be interesting comparison..set them both record same scene @1920*1080 at2 4p

• Hi RdC, Thank you for your help. But I get a 50fps clip only. How can I achieve 60P?

• @mjfan I'd like to do this, but I never seem to have enough time these days. The SD cards I use for my GH2 aren't fast enough for Moon, and I only have 1 Transcend UHS-3 card for my GH4. Might have to grab another soon.

• @Tjabo Thanks so much means a lot to hear things like that =D I used the panasonic 14-140 and the 14mm prime it was all shot on the gh2 even the "waterslide" parts. I can't stand the fish eye distortion on the GoPro...

• @tommydw Switch on camera. Display >Spanner>(page 3)>Video Out. Select Video Out. You should have a choice of NTSC or PAL. Choose NTSC.

Edit: Now reformat card: Display >Spanner>(page 5)>FORMAT. Most important. Can also recommend rtfm.

• gh2 with fuginon 50mm 1.4 using moon t7 hack

• Hi all. Has anyone had experiences with shooting 25p with any of these patches (or any patch)? I would appriciate if you could share these here. I myself have tried T7 and T9 and the 25p footage come nowhere near what they deliver in 24p... Thankx

• @babak I have been shooting 25P using HQ3GOP v12 (PAL) and getting very nice results. It also spans reliably. Moon T5 & T7 have finer noise but don't span for me on a Sandisk 95 mbs class 10 card. I tried many patches but this is the one I have settled on.

• Test GH2 + 14-42 + Boom, newest FilmVision algorithm applied:

• @producer Looks real nice. Thanks for posting.

• @caveport tnx for the HQ3GOP recommendation, since i need a PAL solution as well.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters