Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @cbm32221, the image quality you obtained of your actor and surroundings is amazing! Is all of that shot with the GH2? If so, can you please share what lenses you used, and what your basic work flow was to gain such phenomenal shots? I take it you are a full-fledged professional? :)

• @htf Thanks for checking out the frames. Although the BMPCC has more range to play with, the GH2 still produces a great picture; glad I was able to to semi-match the 2 cams up. Video should be out next week.

• Thanks @Tjabo . I wish I was a professional. I just graduated from college with a BA in film and television, so I'm now on the job hunt. I'll be a professional some day. Anyways, here's my set up:

Camera: Gh2 Moon t7

Lenses: Lecia 25mm , Nikon 105mm

Misc: Glidecam 4000, Heliopan varia ND filter

Editing workflow: Edit footage in Premiere then move to After effects for stabilization and color correction.

All the footage was shot in one day, but I spent close to a month editing and coloring.

• @cbm32221, thank you for the details. Not being familiar with After Effects, and really only familiar with the CS6 version of Premiere Pro, I am curious about the advantages of color correction and stabilization in AE. PP CS6 seems pretty fantastic for these things, but in truth I don't get my images to look nearly as nice as yours, so I will look into it.

At any rate, the result of your efforts is a beautiful product for sure! Good luck with the job hunt. :)

• @Tjabo I use Colorista II in AE for grading because it plays nicely with premiere. However, I recently downloaded the lite version of Davinci Resolve, so I will be learning that soon.

• @cbm32221 Nice job Chris! Putting that Moon T7 to work ;)

-Brandon

• @driftwood Any News about Moon T8??? does it gets any further improvement on 24H ???

• @cbm32221. FYi, Davinci Resolve does not support the GH2 H264 in MTS container. You would have to convert it to a supported format first. Check their website for supported formats.

• @cdm32221 Yep, I always liked this video. Remembered when you fist posted it.

• Thanks @Zaven13 ! I wasn't aware of that. I'm still trying to figure out the best workflow that includes Resolve.

• @cdm32221 and all. (Sorry if this is slightly off topic) After a bit of trial an error I've found that ClipWrap was (and still is) my "re-wrap" tool of choice. I just drop my GH2's PRIVATE or AVCHD file in ClipWrap's window, choose export method and click go. You end up with a nicely contained ProRes 442 .MOV file. No quality loss for GH2 footage shot with high bit rate patches. The ProRes 442HQ option in ClipWrap is over 200Mb/s if memory serves correctly. Other re-wrap options available. See attached.

ClipWrap.jpg
    576 x 556 - 60K
  • @maddog15 How is this compared to 5DtoRGB?

• @cbm32221 sent you a personal message as this is kinda getting off topic

• @driftwood Was looking through my footage and saw a few clips that kinda let me down i.q. wise. Then i relaised those were before i discovered driftwoods moont7 all my clips now look blu ray quality+ and the sound is great as well thnx so much looking forward to moont8! Here is the clip i realised i shot without the patch https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=501714119949137&l=8939463319955111842

• @Tjabo Thanks:) No, I haven’t. I still have some left to do,have a some dance film moon 7 test ,i hope i can learn some more & improve film bettr ,i not a professional,this not my job,but i love it

• Moon t7 test .For my daughter

• @electria0814 That was just a test?...damn! Very nice video. Lots of great shots. Lots of great editing choices.

• So correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm using Moon T7 and I have the 64gig 95mb/s sandisk card, I should be able to use the 24L mode? Or do I not want to? Thanks

• @matt_gh2 Thanks :) This is a gift for my daughter ,now I do not have children,But I believe that one day I can kiss her in the future and Tell her .how much I love her & she. life is a love. keep it :) @r2tincan I think you can use,in my work 24l is ok :)

• @electria0814, SUPER video, and I definitely think your image quality is better now than it was with the drewnet settings. I agree completely with @matt_gh2, you are gifted. :)

By the way, while I was watching your video my wife walked into the room and asked "Who it was?" Meaning who was the singer (your girl) in the music video she thought I was watching. A pretty good compliment on the quality of video you made that my wife thought it was a professional music video!

• @electria0814 What Lens Did You Use?

• @driftwood is there a reason you say to put i. dynamic on low when using moont7?

• @Tjabo Thanks :) really glad to hear your compliment . that is best compliment to me.:) my wife will happy to the all day,When she read this. I think XD. really really love it :) :)

@TATZU i use kit lens 14-42 g vario ,all shots :)

• Strange a buddy of mine has a gh2 with out the hack, we were compairing are cameras and it turnd out that his was much cleaner. I was really surprized. Why would what I thought was the best setting moon t7 be much more grainy then the stoch firmware?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters