Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Some of the lowlight footage on the DrewNet hack is pretty encouraging. I'll be using it to shoot a concert tomorrow night using mostly Nikkor AiS primes. Will post it when it's done.

• This is a short trailer für a theater-play in Hamburg i shoot with driftwoods moon t7 e. Just a really really quick production - over weekend. and just to say, it is german only. so for everyone else this one is just to enjoy the beautiful picture that comes out of the camera with driftwoods setting. for the wide shot i used the samyang 35 for the closer shots I used an old minolta 50 normal and to get even closer gh2`s crop mode - which worked pretty good - just the focusing was damn hard.

PS: If you live in Hamburg - it is a funny play for kids, worth it!

• Drewnet T9 neon lamp test

• @Gardner Very cool. Thanks for sharing info.

• @matt_gh2 Definitely Boom :) And yes I used the Voigtlander. In post I just crushed the blacks, denoised where needed, and added some slight saturation. With the limited dynamic range, I made sure to set my WB correctly and to shoot it how I wanted it to look in camera.

• @Gardner Some nice looking shots here. Guess you were on Boom? Was that lens a Voigtlander 25 by chance? Any grading? Thanks for sharing.

• @lolo For the first shot I think I shot at iso 1250 and 0.95 aperture. And I can't remember the artist's name at the moment.

• @GardnerGardner what iso in general and aperture of the first shot did you use?, jaojaoj also who made the music??

• Who says the GH2 doesn't look good at night? I attended the festival of lights here in NC and captured some amazing footage. Check it out and enjoy!

• @orgie18, phenomenal video! Was the GH2 part of it all shot in 24H? If so, what shutter speed did you use to get such nice motion into your footage?

• great news, hope we have fortified HBR and 720p modes that everyone is waiting for. :-)

• Very good news Mister driftwood ! I'I'm very impatient to test this excellent patch with an amelioration on pal 25 i.

Thanks for your works.

• *** Latest News ****

moon T8 is coming very soon :-)

• @matt_gh2 Thanks for the kind words; but all credit goes to @Vitaly and @Driftwood. I think Lumix lenses are more than enough to do any kind of project; I also have legacy lenses they have a nice texture to them, but I love the transparency and sharpness of Lumix lenses.

• @cjdincer That's one of the best shots I've ever seen come off a Lumix lens. Looks like pro level image you'd see on a properly shot TV commercial. The stuff people are doing with Moon T7 these days is really great. Love the hacked GH2 - so many types of high quality images are possible with it.

• I am 100% agree with you guys moon T7 is amazing. frame grab is from a shot done with Lumix 14-45mm Gvario

kedilerim01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 333K
  • @Tjabo yes, it's a Metabones Nikon F to Micro Four Thirds adapter. The dog still is from footage shot on a Vivitar 75-250mm f/3.8-4.5, and the lovely woman was shot on a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AI-s. Both of these are old, cheap, not particularly good lenses. Really goes to show what the Metabones does to IQ, and just how high quality this patch is. Individual frame grabs look like full HD jpegs saved at 100 quality.

• @Sangye, I agree that those screen grabs are incredible!!! Is this a Metabones speed booster you're using, or a different brand?

@powderbanks thank you for the reply! I think you are correct that it seems like something in the camera's processor causing the problem. AFS gives me almost as short of a record time as AFC (which I didn't expect, so AFS must be on the job waiting for you to push the button but still processing focus information the whole time), and on my camera the Panny 12-42 in manual focus mode gives me about the same record time as Nikon 50mm AF lens on an adapter (in manual focus obviously).

I haven't tried Nebula yet, but I really love the video with Moon T7, even if I run it in H mode so I can run AFC because I'm letting someone else run the camera or something.

• @Sangye Those frame grabs look amazing.

• After installing Moon T7 and picking up a Nikon - Micro 4/3 Speedbooster on the same day, I feel like I'm working with a completely new camera. This must be the ultimate GH2 patch, and I'm very glad that I decided to hold off on buying a GH3 or BMCC. Sure they're good cameras, in some (maybe most) ways better, but I expect the GH2 will do just fine for now, and I'll hold off on upgrading until the next-gen BMCC or Panasonic cameras start coming out.

Attached are some ungraded frame grabs (using a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AI on a Speedbooster)

Tests.Still004.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Tests.Still043.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @Tjabo You need to keep in mind that MB (megabytes) is different than Mb (megabits). So say your 95MB/s cards write at the advertised 95MB/s. Moon Trial 7 (according to the OP) generally maxes out at 147Mb/s at its highest settings. That is 18.375MB/s. To reach 95MB/s, a patch would have to write out at about 760Mb/s. Depending on the scene you're shooting, you'll actually rarely hit the high end of what the camera is outputting. So, according to the maths, you shouldn't have issues. What I personally believe is the problem is not the card, but the processor in the camera (or something to that extent). Between constant auto-focus, a 60fps readout and the higher bitrates, SH mode gets a little wonky. Have you tried using manual focus, non m4/3 lenses or single auto-focus?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters