Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Who says the GH2 doesn't look good at night? I attended the festival of lights here in NC and captured some amazing footage. Check it out and enjoy!

• @GardnerGardner what iso in general and aperture of the first shot did you use?, jaojaoj also who made the music??

• @lolo For the first shot I think I shot at iso 1250 and 0.95 aperture. And I can't remember the artist's name at the moment.

• @Gardner Some nice looking shots here. Guess you were on Boom? Was that lens a Voigtlander 25 by chance? Any grading? Thanks for sharing.

• @matt_gh2 Definitely Boom :) And yes I used the Voigtlander. In post I just crushed the blacks, denoised where needed, and added some slight saturation. With the limited dynamic range, I made sure to set my WB correctly and to shoot it how I wanted it to look in camera.

• @Gardner Very cool. Thanks for sharing info.

• Drewnet T9 neon lamp test

• This is a short trailer für a theater-play in Hamburg i shoot with driftwoods moon t7 e. Just a really really quick production - over weekend. and just to say, it is german only. so for everyone else this one is just to enjoy the beautiful picture that comes out of the camera with driftwoods setting. for the wide shot i used the samyang 35 for the closer shots I used an old minolta 50 normal and to get even closer gh2`s crop mode - which worked pretty good - just the focusing was damn hard.

PS: If you live in Hamburg - it is a funny play for kids, worth it!

• Some of the lowlight footage on the DrewNet hack is pretty encouraging. I'll be using it to shoot a concert tomorrow night using mostly Nikkor AiS primes. Will post it when it's done.

• @sam Moon T7 set E(23.98p) or D(24p)

• Drewnet T9

• @FrankPisolo Driftwood Moon T7 E - since D 24p is not recognized as 24p with fcpx, 5dtorgb, clipwrap and so on anyway. dont know why.

• Here's a short film shot with Panasonic GH2 w/14-42mm lens. Moon T7 Hack. Amazing hack. The best footage I've ever worked with. Period.

• @filmrebel Looks great. Cool film.

• my first short film with gh2 Moon T7, panaleica 25mm, filmconvert and davinci. Hope you like it?

• @Gardner Did you notice any of the new LED Christmas lights flickering in some of your footage? I went to a local garden that has a bunch and it seemed like no matter what shutter speed I tried, certain strings of lights would just be epileptic.

• @Lenkoff Was the whole thing T7 or just certain parts, like the ending proposal?

• Hey Guys;

Not sure if this is a problem with the hack (I doubt it, because the footage plays back fine in VLC and Windows Media Player Classic)... I'm having issues with the audio from the DREWnet "24H" setting. When importing into Premiere Pro, for takes longer than 1 minute the sound seems to speed up and skip through like a scratched CD. I record audio from a mic straight into my GH2 for wedding work, so this is kind of a bummer.

I'm almost fully certain that it isn't a hack problem, but a Premiere Pro problem. This is CS6, latest version (not CC).

Any help/way to fix it? I hazard a guess it had to do with the conforming of footage when imported into the project but I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: I managed to figure that issue out. Turns out it was Adobe's fault. Fix is found here (in case someone else has this problem): http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/940953

• @powderbanks It's quite normal you can't stop them from flickering – lots of LED lights are frequency modulated. We're gonna have fun with these in the future…

• I have been testing Moon T7 on a Komputerbay 64 Go SDXC class 10 (UHS-I 600X) and have had no problems at all on different setting I have thrown at it. The only think is that long clips dont play back in the camera (4GB) but they are fine on the computer. The strange thing about the card is that even though it is rated at 40mbs write, when I test it using black magic disk speed tester it shows about 18 mbs as a write speed. I have used the Magic Lantern in camera benchmark test with the same card in a 5D3 to double check and got the same results. (sandisk extreme pro 95 shows about the same, weird), anyway, moon T7 works fine for me with these less expensive Komputerbay cards.

• @tak The 5D3 SD card buffer tops at 18MB/s, that's why it's only used to host the ML files and not record raw, you shouldn't use it for benchmarking.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters