Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Elementarschaden (Short Movie|5DII RAW|Zeiss Primes)
  • Hello Guys,

I am happy to share with you the trailer for our Short Movie "Elementarschaden", which means as much as "Damage from natural Hazards" - about a fictional Incident, taking place during the real flood catastrophe in Germany, June 2013.

We shot on 5DMKII RAW and Zeiss Planar & Distagon Primes only. The movie is now applying in all major film festivals in germany, therefore I can only publish a trailer for now. I added English subtitles for your convenience.

I am happy to hear your thoughts! :)

regards

Felix

FATPIGtures

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • I didn't know the magic lantern raw hack had come along so well for the mark ii. How did you get it running, and what was the experience like?

• Hi digger,

well the process is very straightforward, the hack is pretty evolved by now- and has the really nice side effect that the 5DII keeps outputting HD via HDMI, as opposed to SD when recording H.264.

I can say that wen have had no issues with the hack whatsoever. In post-processing there were 2 files with wrong blacklevel set, which I could correct with a Hex Editor after a short inquiry in magic lantern forums. RAW files were converted to Cineform with my BATCHelor Software and then for the final grade I used raw2cdng. I can say it has been a really great experience.

I tested the difference between photo-zoom lenses and the Zeiss primes. I can say that these primes really make the difference as to the look. If you get a chance, use them. :)

• Thanks. I just got it up and running on my 5D2. Looks great so far. Were you able to get stable 1920x1080? What cards were you using?

• I would be eternally grateful for a straightforward walkthrough of the process for the MKII as well, seems the MKIII has dozens of tutorials but it's a bit different for the II...

• this is the video I followed for installing it on my MKII: http://crewofone.com/2013/how-to-shoot-raw-video-on-your-canon-5d2-5d3-or-6d/

it wasn't step-by-step perfect once the magic lantern was installed on the card but easy to see where to go from there.

• Thank you @digger, that helps immensely as I already use pre-raw magic lantern, with this I can figure it out! Now just need faster cards, haha..

• @digger: well, 2.40:1 at 1880 was stable no problem. - 1920 is only available in crop mode and is extremely slow.

• @fatpig coming back to this: 1880 by what? did you use anamorphic glass? what sequence size did you edit in?