Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Travel in Europe through the GH3
  • My friend and I spent a month traveling Europe (along Mediterranean and the Adriatic) and we made a video encapsulating our trip. There was so much life that ended up being captured after we picked a shot and filmed, I just loved to film and film

And what else can be said about the GH3? I've never had such a better time color grading footage. So glad I brought this camera over the GH2

Camera: GH3, natural, -5 -5 0 -5, 200 iso for everything minus the couple night time scenes (never went above 800 IIRC), used the EM5 for couple of scenes (Thank god for that stabilization!) Lenses: 12mm olympus f2, 75mm olympus f1.8, 25mm Voigtlander f0.95, and 35mm SlrMagic

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • @Flaaandeeers I have no idea! I think I can get some kids used GH3 for $1000 right now. I might do it just to try it out. I'm sure I can resale it for that if I don't like it.

• Awesome images @jhero !

Already made your mind dear @vicharris? Asking myself the same question over and over about this... G6 is a quite strong contender also.

• @leftedit thank you, actually none of the shots were filmed with panny glass. I meant that I tried the 35-100 after having come back from the trip but I didn't really like its character

• nice framing and thoughtful editing, good demo for the camera. what shots are on the Panny lenses? from my experience they were not that bad, on a GH1 !

• Thanks! I also don't really vibe with panny glass… Recently tried out the 35-100 and wasn't too particularly thrilled with it. The 75mm olympus and the 25mm voigt are just magical…

• Wow, I think you have reached full potential with your GH3! Brilliant composition, very tasteful color grading and just a real pleasure to watch. The song really works well with the slow-mo too. I may have to give natural mode a try now.

• Very nice! Wonderful work!

I just can't believe the difference with this other glass!

Yea, never did quite understand what goes on with Panny glass... I just know to avoid it. Loving the color-science on the GH3 though. And the 60fps at 1080p is superb. Looks like a perfect match for slow motion counterpart to the BMC line-up. Colors seem quite similar... just a bit less latitude, obviously.

• This might be the best thing I've seen shot with this camera! Most of the footage I've seen has been with Pany glass, especially the new lenses. I just can't believe the difference with this other glass! I have the whole line of SLR glass and the GH3 just might be amazing for the price with it! BMPCC or GH3, hmmmmmm?

• Thanks! I definitely had to bring a tripod in order to get the steady shots (I was debating even bringing it before but I'm so happy I did)

• Looks great! Did you bring a small tripod or monopod for some of these shots? Very stable footage, something I struggled with at times in my own travels through Europe.

• Wow, amazing!