Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
2014 m43 cameras, including GH5 aka 4K Wizard
  • 237 Replies sorted by
  • I have the answer: it's an hacked gh3 by Santa Claus! Finally!

• Even though currently few would need 4K for the actual work, it would be constantly advertised by manufactures in order to encourage upgrades in video equipment. I suspect, the idea of this "mock-up" came at the last moment before CES, and it doesn't represent a final design of the 4K camera, unless "4K" is just GH3+4K-video. Perhaps, we need to wait till the Photokina 2014 to see how GH5 would look like.

• That's the same picture posted earlier.

• 43Rumours put another picture, again looking like a GH3 with a 4k sticker...

http://www.43rumors.com/hot-first-picture-of-the-panasonic-gh-4k-camera/

• @vicharris I know that, but they have a GH3 on display with a 4K logo. It's an announcement of sorts that they have a 4K Lumix on the way. So I was saying the camera can't be that far off.

• 4K is perfect for that type of market..."here's your video sir - but is it 4K?" 4K sounds good, perfectly marketable and I predict it'll be a huge success.

I have very bad news for 4K.

And this bad news is HDD market. It is stagnant with monopolies using cartel agreements for prices control. Without any actual progress made.

• Yeah that's true, but I get the feeling that they'll go really aggressive with 4K and force it upon consumers...few years ago I heard stories about clients asking for videos specifically from "5D MK2", as if the camera itself is responsible for the content...almost like the wedding photography market, where people need to bring the biggest camera on the job because anything "compact" will make them look like hacks.

4K is perfect for that type of market..."here's your video sir - but is it 4K?" 4K sounds good, perfectly marketable and I predict it'll be a huge success.

On the positive side, stabilization will be easy now and people will have a lot more frame leeway for their tree/shrub/dog/cat/river stream/cloud test videos.

• Something about this 4K craze that bothers me, streaming video will be viewed on 1080p or mobile screens, can't really say I'm excited about streaming a behemoth file and watch it downsampled to 1080.

4K is marketing thing. You know. Shoot on tools like pros. But don't be surprised by shit results, as usual.

• It looks like GH3 with 4K sticker slapped on...if they go with the rumored specs, I really don't see how can they lose with this one. People who need that kind of specs will shell out the money.

But for hobbyists like me...I don't know...

Something about this 4K craze that bothers me, streaming video will be viewed on 1080p or mobile screens, can't really say I'm excited about streaming a behemoth file and watch it downsampled to 1080.

• That's not it!!!!

• Camera can't be far off with the mockup out already. NAB it is.

• Yep, thought it was a GH3. The GH4 is different looking, or whatever they're going to call it.

• @IronFilm

On google plus image you can see GH3 on camera, in fact.

• @Manu4Vendetta I saw that earlier today, and wondered if that was a shot of the GH4K.

However... the date says "Nov 22, 2013", so I very very strongly doubt it. I'd assume that is a picture of the GH3 instead.

• Is that the new Panasonic GH4K that we can see at CES?? :-o :-o

http://www.smallcamerabigpicture.com/panasonic-ces-live-coverage/

xa44.jpg
    659 x 495 - 50K
  • It is Christmas, time of hoping and getting. They are making GH4 now. I think we can affect features it will has. GH3 had many features that users had hoped. Lets not be too modest. Here is my hopelist.

I hope that these are not too late for becoming model. What do you think? Are these making any sense.

-autoiso in M

-focus peaking obviously

-autoiso limit for video or iso range

-every menu item programmable to every Fn (maybe not format)

-exposure values programmable to C1,2,3

-more C memory slots

-manual settings for creative mode

-AE/AF lock on-off-on-off etc., during recording

-better EVF resolution and better ocular

-no more useless buttons

-4k video 50/60P (pal/ntsc switchable)

-bigger handgrip, better button layout ergonomics

-flat mode in video which uses whole sensor dyn range

-separate video/photo switch. So all modes and handy buttons is in use for video. And then all settings must be independant for video or photo.

-more options for bracketing. -2, 0,+2 steps would be handy for HDR

-playMODE button to right side. Now it is difficult to use because left hand holds objective.

-adjustable AF-range and mayby towards/backwards function if AF-C is not good enough.

-iso 50 would be handy for video in bright light

-dual memory card slot and option to copy mem card.

-better microphone with wind shield option.

-more WIFI functions and recording options

-stepless aperture or exposure change in video (may be lens related)

-better (louder) speaker

-more songs to slideshow and simple crossfade option

-if using slower than 1/25s shutter in video camera should go automatically to proper manual mode maybe with warning

-HDR video (dual iso) like ML canon

-faster timelapse (maybe 1/10s interval)

-obviously better and faster sensor. No more rolling shutter in silent mode and 1/100 000s SS.

-120 or more fps with proper resolution

-adjustable autofocus speed in video

-softer and better shaped eyecup

-adjustable tone curve via computer and other modifications like Nikon V1

-electronic stabilator (very handy especially with 4k)

-stepless smart zoom for video like rx10

-video editor with capability to render finished program with simple fades (smartphones have it)

-stepless adjustment wheel for exposure -rx10 has it

-in camera LED light for video

-open source firmware for developing or application store for new features - like sony nex5t

-cinematic look option button: (24P 1/48 ss, greenish/brownish color cast)

-red led with text VIDEO because every subject is always asking are you taking a photo or shooting video.

-lens cap which you can operate without taking it off camera

-Pincode type lock so that not everyone could look at photos or mess with settings

• I hope the price is not €2799, although I suppose that would be good news for BMCC.

Bad news can be that it'll have ProRes like format and raw capability (for 4k). And lower price. :-)

• @DrDave Must be the on screen audio meters that make the GH-4k a very expensive camera :-)

• I hope the price is not €2799, although I suppose that would be good news for BMCC.

• hype begets hype.

• VK, not quite... apparently 43rumors admin got contacted by a few more sources which confirmed the original rumor. Which is why it is now rated a FT5 rumor rather than the FT4 that it was originally.

• @bozfx

It is just reciting of old rumor.

• "film community" is bullshit for a company like this one.

Here you are badly wrong.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions