Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PV member? MUST vote inside! A new career can start
  • 133 Replies sorted by
  • I'm spamming like a desperate :)

• Most funny thing is that both his competitors have no links except their pages in social networks (very unactive).

• Is this all or nothing? Do you have to win to get anything? I guess you have already got a ton of publicity(And deservedly so). However, it would be cool to see you get more recognition.

• Btw, I was wrong, NinoLeitner twiited them, hence the rush.

@mpgxsvcd

Check the terms, Winner go to some place to film with few rode sponsored "pros", like PB.

• Just voted. Nice work.

• Really great stuff - just voted - all the best!

• Posted also in 2 facepook photo+video groups

• Voted, good luck!!

• Just Vote, love your video I hope you win :)

• Beautiful Stuff Paolo! My vote and my heart are with you!

• voted. complimenti

• Tweeted this and put it up on my Facebook, too.

• Just my personal view, but I don't think people should vote for an entry because somebody asks them to. That kinda ruins the point of having a competition, where it is suppose to be the best work getting the recognition, not the one who does the best advertising.

So if people are going to vote, please watch the other entries as well, then vote for the entry you like the best. That's what a 'competition' is all about.

Also, why vote for something just because he uses the same tools as you? Anyway, thanks for reading. I have no involvement with this comp whatsoever.

• @duckpark Very fair. I have a different take.

If someone asks me to vote for their content, I usually look at it and think about whether I feel positively or negatively towards it. If I feel positively I support the person by voting. If I don't, I do not tend to vote for them (even if I like the friend). I find that to be a sufficient way for me to act with integrity and I feel it is a personal thing for each person to decide.

If I have more time, I do sometimes watch several others as well.

I like this video, both in terms of concept and execution. I did not look at it just because someone "uses the same tools" but because I think of this as a community and someone from that community asked me to. Jupiter1 has been posting on here since May, sold things before, asked questions, etc. They are like a distant online acquaintance.

So that gets me to check it out: the rest is up to what they did. :)

• @duckpark

I always LOL at people with such views.

Nothing ruins the competition here. People are asked to view film and vote if they like it.

Using same logic you must watch all other films before going and paying for your ticket at the cinema, because smart guys selected this film for you (from many others) and it is wrong.

And, yes, why they have finalists that they selected not asking you?

And how it happens if you do not promote your film, invest yout time and money you can't even show it anywhere? Why people just do not spend their time and money to find all good films by themselfs?

• I sent out a mass email supporting Paolo's video, not because it was made using CGT and a GH2 but because I felt it deserved to win. I watched the videos that were getting more votes and found them too long and tedious, and I am tired of videos winning cuz their creators have more friends or are better at social networking. So I decided to swing the odds in favor of the more deserving artist. I had a face-off with former COW helmer Ron Lindeboom back in the day over just such a thing.

Other CGT users have asked me support their videos, and I have declined because I did not feel their work was worthy of me placing my reputation and my opinion on the line to do so, but in this case I really felt it was the best video and deserved more votes than it was getting.

just my 2 cents [but then again, I'm a bit of an anarchist]

• @duckpark, I feel the same as @shian, @thepalalias and @vitaliy.

I watched them all .. there are some other good ones. Dependent on how you judge some I could consider better.

But in terms of enjoyment .. it's simple, it gives a little suspense, it asks a question .. and the answer brings a smile and made me laugh.

To me it works in a similar way to @PhillipBloom and Logan's Genesis.

Again tho, the caveat .. was it really shot with a GH2? These days if I walk out the door with my GH2, at least 4 or 5 neighbourhood cats emerge from the bushes begging me to film them, I have the scratches to prove it.

:)

• @kavadni Yeah, I am not saying the others are not good. I enjoyed the sound in "Life's a Soundcheck" and the climax at the end, but the piece as a whole did not have the sense of progression (and especially the interest at the start) that Jupiter1's did (at least for me personally).

I definitely think it is a good entry and if Jupiter1 does not get first, I think it should.

• @kavadni

These days if I walk out the door with my GH2, at least 4 or 5 neighbourhood cats emerge from the bushes begging me to film them, I have the scratches to prove it.

ROTFL

Cats are the most dangerous threat of the interweb nowadays

• I have good idea.

We'll make Christmas competition with real prises.

We'll allow to enter only with films about cats and bushes.

• only with films about cats and bushes.

Hummm you will need some new huge server and bandwidth :)

PS

Of course the first place prize will be a real bush full of kittens to freely film for the rest of your life

• Just choose the competition flier

2533834-red-and-white-cat-hiding-in-leaves-of-green-bush.jpg
    400 x 267 - 24K
    Belfast-Castle-Cats-02.JPG
    375 x 500 - 71K