Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • Air travel recovery sucks

sa14068.jpg
    505 x 449 - 53K
  • Life clearly will be fun in this new world

sa14070.jpg
    710 x 954 - 188K
  • Second wave comes

Supply of notebook-use chips and components including processors, LCD panels and power chips has fallen short of demand, with the gap likely to widen to 15-20% in the third quarter, according to sources at Taiwan-based ODMs.

Notebook market is good indicator as it is rising at staggering pace and most of it are for home work notebooks.

• WHO downplays danger of coronavirus latching on to food packaging.

The World Health Organization urged people not to be afraid of the virus entering the food chain, after two cities in China said they had found traces of the coronavirus in imported frozen food and on food packaging.

If it'll be scientificaly proven high probability of virus survival on food packaging and such - it will be literal end of all food delivery businesses. I am not even talking that all offline food small businesses will die.

• Germany admits delay in thousands of virus test results.

The Bavarian premier, Markus Söder, has been forced to apologise over an embarrassing delay to thousands of coronavirus test results, just as Germany is seeing a new surge in virus cases

It is all same methods around EU and other countries.

• @Vitaliy....""If it'll be scientificaly proven high probability of virus survival on food packaging and such - it will be literal end of all food delivery businesses. I am not even talking that all offline food small businesses will die."""....not so. People have to eat and it has easy solution, which most people already use. Simply clean the package. If it's perfectly sealed, I wash it with soap and water. If it's minimally sealed, I clean it with alcohol or clorox. If it's easily changed to a "safe bag", I simply change the contents to a clean bag and toss the original.

• @kurth

All this new demand in packing and such, if they will be serious - will wipe out all independent small businesses that is related to food.

Already more than 90% lack any savings are barely alive. As you can't run any such place for any prolonged time if goverment tells you to reduce number of seats by 50-70%.

And for online delivery guys to survive till all settles and they will make such service - I doubt it. I know how some of them are made inside - it is big and total mess, they can't keep even basic measures and you talk about something advanced and proper.

sa14090.jpg
    800 x 490 - 50K
  • Cash usage in Mordor increases

sa14091.jpg
    800 x 300 - 47K
  • «The global pandemic of 2023 dramatically reduced global travel in an effort to contain the spread of the disease, contributing to the slowing of global trade and decreased productivity. (P.51)».
    GLOBAL TRENDS PARADOX OF PROGRESS
    A publication of the National Intelligence Council
    JANUARY 2017 NIC 2017-001 ISBN 978-0-16-093614-2 www.dni.gov/nic/globaltrends

sa14094.jpg
    800 x 508 - 70K
  • Canada is preparing for a “reasonable worst case scenario” in which further surges of coronavirus cases would at times overwhelm the public health system, officials have said.

In this scenario, there would be a large peak later this year followed by a number of smaller peaks and valleys stretching to January 2022. Each of the peaks would exceed the health system’s capacity.

sa14102.jpg
    800 x 493 - 55K
  • This is extremely dangerous thing

The US Food and Drug Administration on Saturday granted emergency use authorisation for Yale School of Public Health’s saliva test to detect Covid-19, after a trial on National Basketball Association players and staff.

SalivaDirect, the fifth saliva test approved by the FDA for the disease, requires no swab or collection device and uses spit from people suspected of having the coronavirus, the agency said.

FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn called the test “groundbreaking” in its efficiency and in being unaffected by crucial component shortages.

SalivaDirect is seen as a cheap, simpler and less invasive testing method that requires no extraction of nucleic acid and can use several readily available reagents.

Ruling class is up to something, as such test makes no real sense (as must habe horrible false positive rate and same horrible rate of missed infected cases).

Still extremely simple PCR tests are not being spread enough, very rarely people are being tested 1-2 times a day.

sa14126.jpg
    715 x 364 - 32K
  • Only 2.5 percent of colleges are planning a fully in-person semester this upcoming year.

• I won’t send my child next year to school if this shit is the same. I’ve been talking to other parents to make our own private clases with Regular covid testing.

Buying this molecular machines is about 50k and buying the reactive materials isn’t that expensive if you get is divided be more people in fact is not that expensive at all giving the safety you gain.

I also though about buying this machines for regular covid 19 protocols in every filming I have. Is fucking cheaper and safer that having literally all workers fucking being afraid delaying times and client being paranoid. I loose more money on year by this that having several machines running .

• Mordor data about antibodies

Real life data shows that most of people who recovered from coronavirus can become sick again if they catch infection as soonas 2-3 months. As antibodies and immunity are already very weak after this perido, and vaccine authors perfectly know this, but try not to promote.

• @endotoxic

Ruling class is doing all they can to control PCR tests

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/23732/coronavirus-ruling-class-100-control-tests/p1

Already this system must be available in each and every small organization, as it is simple thing.

One thing I suppose they do not want to see is realtime map and distribution of sick people, as it can sometimes rise questions. Random big delays allow to prevent this from being made.

• Idiots with cocroaches in their heads fighting with coronavirus

sa14145.jpg
    800 x 471 - 90K
  • New Zealand postponed its general election for a month as its Auckland Covid cluster grew to 58. The poll was moved from 19 September to 17 October. The prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, said she had factored in participation of voters, fairness and certainty, in her decision to delay the vote.

Same time lof of cities around the world with 200-300 new sick people a day (ones who have severe lung damage >50%) that are equal to around 10 NZ cases are not wearing masks almost totally (4-5%) :-)

• Infinity

Germany is expected to extend its pandemic furlough scheme to 24 months after Angela Merkel indicated she welcomed the proposal to let the kurzarbeit programme run on until 2021.

• It'll end bad for US

sa14160.jpg
    602 x 507 - 51K
  • Good new life on the streets coming to many

Up to 300 Pizza Hut restaurants are slated to permanently close following the bankruptcy of one the chain’s largest franchisees.

NPC International, which filed for Chapter 11 in July, announced an agreement Monday with Pizza Hut’s owner Yum! Brands (YUM)to close roughly a quarter of its restaurants and sell the remaining locations. Specific restaurants and timing have not yet been determined, but NPC said a “substantial majority” of affected locations have dining rooms.