Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
I Directed a no-budget Game of Thrones Fan Film - 30% GH4 & G7
  • Last year, myself and a friend wrote a Game of Thrones Fan Film script and gathered a crew of enthusiatic and talented people trying to break into the local industry. The show is filmed where I live in Belfast and we were trying to make ourselves known. I directed the film, although I shot small portions on G7 as either B cam or when the DP was unavailable.

Here's the finished film.

It was mainly filmed on the FS700 with the firmware upgrade that turns it into a 4K beast. Some scenes shot with GH4 and G7, and even a few LX100 B cam shots. Personally, I think it shows that money is best spent elsewhere as long as you have a half decent and reliable camera system. It was a massive headache though matching vintage lenses on GH4 to more the modern canon and panasonic glass, nightmare. Don't do it, stick to one or the other.

Cheers, Ciaran