Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Nikon Hacks, D7000, D7100, D3100, D3200, D5100, V1, V2, J1, D4, D800 and Nikon Tool
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • @mikus : check your pm for the explanation of an hack process, in french.

• What There is no hope of, c is really a shame to condemn him

• mikus, no hack.

hack is possibly possible, but uncertain if entirely doable.

check again next year :p

• ok I read every post, but I don not come to understand or are the D7000's hack, and especially if there are already what is new in the video function

thanks

• @ Micah: the mechanical limitation is how the aperture arm is operated, on the d7000 it is using the same motor used for the mirror up/lock function. thats why you have to disable and re enable live view , to get the mirror down, so on the way up the new aperture setting takes effect, they did not do the same for the D4, the D4 is not the D7000, it has a dedicated aperture drive not connected to the mirror. its nothing you could fix with the software.

• @swfree: this is not a mechanical limitation. The new D4 has the same mechanical aperture arm actuator and works fine with video (or at least during live view, which if unlockable would still be an improvement!)

• by neogene "My only missing for d7000 is the lack of ability to change aperture during video recording"

sadly this is mechanically not possible due to how the d7000 aperture operating mechanism is constructed, it is not a firmware fixable thing, you better get some manual aperture lenses, or get a manual aperture ring

• to me please

• Hi !

I just wanted to know what are the current progresses on the D7000 hack. Is there any news ? Thanks for the work you've done so far.

• @teufel you are not alone :D, i broke two cameras like you becuse don't know exactly what am i doing or know nothing... Fully agree, just don't do it.
  • thank you man.
    I just thought, that You or someone have the software, or the manual how to recover boards like mine...
  • I know such magical place. Service center.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

so there is no way to get it back to life? :(
  • @teufel

:-)
    None of that I know if.
    Just don't do it in the future.
  • Hi Guys,
    what to do if I have uploaded a wrongly patched firmware and now my d5100 stay at the beginning with a sand glass...
    Is there maybe an emergency boot mode or something like this?
  • @Lanzar where do you read that? From what I saw from the rumors is that they will both have uncompressed hdmi out. But I am a little bit skeptical about the D800 because it is a 36 megapixel sensor. I don't see a full sensor down-scaling at this resolution. Another thing is that it is a Sony sensor, I can't see them enabling these sensor for proper scaling etc. Now on the other hand the D4 is rumored to 16 or at most 18 megapixel. When we see what good down-scaling can do with the gh2 in the 16 megapixel sensor it could be very very good more so with the bigger pixel and sensor. A 10 bit uncompressed output would be phenomenal. Somehow the price will be high, I think they will put it in a smaller body as a D701, but not know.
  • Nikon d800 has insane video performance and will be released in next year - march.
    d800 video is better than cannon d5mII so wait for it.

Nikon d4 will be a high speed new sport fotographer camera. New card slot and insane card speeds. Up to 700MB/s they say at nikon. The card slot looks like a hibrid betven sd and CF. Also on the d4 there is a second CF slot.
  • no news ????
  • To Vitaliy
    Ah, people that has no patience act like me.
  • @Yavaq

This is not news :-)
  • I found some guys that hacked into D70 (at least I think they did). May be helpful. It`s from 2006
    http://wiki.berndlux.de/doku.php/elektr:nikond70s_hack
  • I am really hopping that this hack matures, as a nikon shooter I have been disappointed buy their video until now. With Canon entry into the Cinema world I don't see things like 10 bit and log base images coming soon from them. Panasonic also will protect its AF line, more so of the slap it got from its own gh2 vs Af-100. So in the end we are left with Nikon, that is why I am really happy about this hack.

It is strongly rumored that we are going to get 2 new pro camera from nikon in January, I hope that Nikon will really put some much better video because they have no video camera line to protect and they there arch rival Canon is the king in this domain. If they don't it will impact there photo market also because those ussers that will be in need of an hybrid dslr will prefer or move to Canon. Just proper down-scaling ala gh2 and 10 bit would swing the market. Lets hope!!!
  • This is great news. Happy Holidays, everyone.
  • what a news please lol
  • @Simeon,

I second what bumkicho said.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions