Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Apple: Story of Idiots
  • “I think if you’re looking at a PC, why would you buy a PC anymore? No really, why would you buy one?”, asks Tim Cook, Apple’s chief executive.

Well, Tim, because it is extremely powerful, modular, cheap, mass produced thing that have 99.9% of software we need.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I just bought a Dell xps15 because of the arrogance of Apple.

I don't think they are stupid - but very arrogant, and subservient of shareholders as opposed to the user. Even if Jobs was a dick at times, he had the users in mind over the shareholders - and because of his actions shareholders also benefitted.

• +1 bannedindv They are now only producing un-upgradable products (hardware-wise). Designed obsolescence.

• +1 They are now only producing un-upgradable products (hardware-wise). Designed obsolescence.

• @bannedindv +1

Everybody better act quick and sell their desktops to buy the new iPad Pro! According to Apple this is everything that you need, you don't need a computer anymore because now you can draw on it using Illustrator Draw, Photoshop Mix. LOL

• Well, Tim, because it is extremely powerful, modular, cheap, mass produced thing that have 99.9% of software we need.

Which actually makes the opposite point of the one you made. Apple is brilliant, it's the people who buy them that aren't.