Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shichi Go San Tokyo
  • Tokyo, a fascinating place to be. It has so many different sides, a busy one, a quiet, peaceful one, a highly modern but also a very traditional one. I was lucky when I visited Tokyo on the weekend of November 15th last year that on this day the Shichi-Go-San festival took place at the Meiji Jingu Shrine in Tokyo. It is a traditional rite of passage and festival day in Japan for three- and seven-year-old girls and three- and five-year-old boys, held annually on November 15 to celebrate the growth and well-being of young children.

In front of the Meiji Jingu Shrine I listened to the music of a street musician, who really captivated me. He was playing on kind of a homegrown instrument, mesmerizing! Later, I googled him, found him on twitter, contacted him and he was so generous to provide the music for this film, writing an original song - thanks Sam!

Here are his contact details:
    Sami Elu
    twitter.com/sami_elu
    facebook.com/elusari

Shot on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera in RAW, Sigma 18-35mm f1.8, Rokinon 85mm T1.5, graded in DaVinci Resolve

Enjoy, and let me know your comments!

twitter.com/gunmac

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Brilliant images, maybe you should be making a doc of some sort though. image wise I can't fault it.

I gave up on the BMPCC camera cause I could get stable shots handheld. How did you manage it? Post?

• Thanks @suresure123, I did a lot of post - stabilizing, also the slo mo reduces camera shake.

• Nice shots! So nothing for stabilizing and all handheld? Amazing with just post stabilizing.

• Thanks @tinyrobot! What I do is I have my camera bag wrapped around my shoulder and I place the cam on the bag - that helps to stabilize it a lot.

• People don't talk about them ever these days but a simple sand bag the size of a paperback book is a great tool to have in your kit bag. You can make one yourself even for almost nothing.

• Hi @suresure123 the sandbag is exactly what I am using a lot as well! Very handy, works a treat!