Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Stuff People Say to Photographers
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • I love the story of the host who told the photographer how great his pictures were and what a fantastic camera he has - and the photographer in turn complimenting the meal and saying what a great oven the host has.

• In many ways this video shows how photographers have become detached from why the images are wanted in the first place. As a photographer I find it cringe inducing to watch!

• Yes - I mean, what's the problem with doing a shot on someone's phone for Facebook in between your main camera shots? I could be just as snobbish when I'm playing music for an event when someone asks me if I could take a photo or whatever for them in between playing. It's basic relationship stuff - people value that humanity and it should be possible without compromising the work you're being paid for. Took me quite a while when I was younger, working in broadcast studios, to realise it wasn't your technical skills people most valued, but your attitude and friendliness.

• Well said, Mark!