Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @Shon Thanks mate! :-)

What is new in this patch?

I decided to give up using SH in 60p, and to use H. I will send PM later.

• @bkmcwd Yes, it would be nice :) What is new in this patch?

• @spreeni @Shon Thanks always! :-)

I am going to release new GOLGOP3-13s soon. Would you test them before the release?

60p, 50p and 50i(HBR25p) changed from BETA2.

• @Shon Thanks for feedbacks! :-)

it is about 46-48 megabits, which is slightly less than I expected. You should try to limit to 56 megabits.

I understand your feeling well. However, frame size must be made small, in order to set the MAX bitrate as 56M and to stabilize it. If priority is given to IQ, it will be difficult selection whether this method is adopted. It is about the solution of this very portion that I am inquiring now.

please tell me how to post a quote here from other people's comments

I am using ">."

Thanks!

• 'No. It is "GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" that I specified from this link' @bkmcwd Tried the "MAX" at 60p, all video lasted three minutes :) Now look video footage bitrate, it is about 46-48 megabits, which is slightly less than I expected. You should try to limit to 56 megabits. Also, please tell me how to post a quote here from other people's comments, I'm used to bb code, but here it's different.

• @Shon

GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2?

No. It is "GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" that I specified from this link: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882

And, whose and which is the setting which you recognize to be most stable in 60p?

• [officially latest GOLGOP3-13s on the top page of this thread" is stable or not in 60p?] @bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2? it felt like the same, the movie flew for 49 seconds. Experienced video clip of the first page. This setting is stable, when the frame is not a lot of small parts such as the leaves on the trees. Soft lenses are also not allow the video, but if you shoot the usual sharp lens in difficult conditions stop the video, it is only a matter of time.

• @Shon I am not sure about the evaluation for the settings of other persons in 60p. However, there are many settings with freezing in 60p, I know. I am improving now for realizing "freeze-less perfectly" setting. For example, How do you think "officially latest GOLGOP3-13s on the top page of this thread" is stable or not in 60p? Thanks! :-)

• @Shon

if you do not see what I wrote.

OK, I got it. :-)

I always worry about to what bit rate it should be set in 60p.

• |BTW, how about in other modes?| Other modes I have not experienced. I only 60p, and he, as a specialty, the most difficult to video in the camera, with a high bit rate of the video to buffer it, then spits on the flash drive, the buffer may be delayed, and three seconds of video when the camera will throw it all at one time , flash drive bogged down and did not help her to 95 mb/s. : ( I apologize if you do not see what I wrote.

• @Shon Thanks for testing my settings and report!

I think that for 60 fps bitrate should not go abroad to 56 megabits per second.

Yes, I know. However, in these settings, 60p can use slightly higher bitrate than previous settings under usual stressed condition. So, I have set the max bitrate higher than 56M. If this is not good, I will set down to 56M. Especially these two settings are very experimental.

BTW, how about in other modes? Thanks! :-)

• @bkmcwd I just checked GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA2, GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2 and Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA. You have in the beginning of this post is a video where the screen running blue, red and green stripes. When recording at 60 fps (720p) video recording is cut off by about 30 seconds. Flash drive I have sandisk extreme pro 64 gb, original. I think that for 60 fps bitrate should not go abroad to 56 megabits per second.

• @botha Many thanks for loving Valkyrie! :-)

i have the highest stable bitrate 115M now in FSH/SH !

Is it true? Would the contents of the setting be shown with PM although I cannot believe it? Thanks!

• Finally i switched over to your "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2" setting, and i must say i'm totaly in love with it !! I found out that "Candidate1.5c" is superior over "Candidate1.5d" and has the best looking HBR/FSH modes quality i have ever seen in FSH/SH. I tweaked 1.5c a little bit, so i have the highest stable bitrate 115M now in FSH/SH ! I can tell you, it's the nicest, reliable (using it also with panny lenses) setting you can have. So now i'm looking forward for "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 C1.5e" Thanks for your outstanding work !!

• @spreeni Thanks for info! I am going to try so that the latest version may also be stabilized in the same grade as "good old" in PAL. :-)

• Which version is it concretely?

The "good old" one is GOLGOP3-13-A from http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57882#Comment_57882

• @spreeni Thanks for your report and feedbacks! :-)

In the newest GOLGOP3-13s, I thought that the test in PAL might be insufficient, as stated above. Therefore, the feedback from you are very worthy.

"good old" GOLGOP

Which version is it concretely?

I also further plan to stabilize the newest GOLGOP3-13s. I am glad, since I also further plan to stabilize the newest GOLGOP3-13s, and if you test it. Thanks!

• @AfricaGH2 Thanks for testing! It is good if satisfactory with GOP3ZILLA. :-)

• @bkmcwd I did some tests with the new GOLGOP3-13-A2. Because of bad weather I couldn't do testshootings outside, so I created a reproducable test situation. I put my GH2 in front of a HD monitor with testclips running as continuous loop on it. I wanted to stress the camera so I turned on many automatic features. It was not my intension to create a real life situation, I just wanted to check, if GOLGOP3-13 runs in those situation without freezings. If it would do so, I could be sure that the patch is working rock solid stable in my commercial work.

This was a problem for me with Flowmotion 2.02 before: I have had an error message (card not fast enough, or something like that) when I use 1080i50 FSH with auto-fokus ON, even with 95MB/s cards. That made me loose the trust in FM a bit.

OK, here's the test situation: Panasonic lens 12-35mm/f2.8 - Stabilizer ON, Sandisk 95MB/s card, 1080i50 FSH (PAL), auto-exposure ON, auto-focus ON, iDynamic ON, EX-Tele ON, ISO 5000

First, Flowmotion freezes after 1.5 hours. Latest GOLGOP3-13-A2 freezes after 1.5 - 2 hours, too (checked this several times) Former GOLGOP3-13-A runs without freezes (checked several times, too)

I don't know why there is a difference between the old and the new GOLGOP3-13. Maybe they use different framerates. @LPOWEL recommend to use the lower bitrate modes (in Flomotion for example 1080i50 FH) when using much automatic functions, so the bitrate may be the key.

However I do not know, where the exact differences are between older and newer GOLGOP, but as long as I cannot see differences in picture quality between the old GOLGOP3-13-A and Flowmotion 2.02, I will use "good old" GOLGOP because I now trust it very much.

• Ok I changed to the latest version of your GOP3ZILLA_3_Candidate4 and this is what I shot today on my way to and from the coffee shop - nice patch! Love the flag shot! (view on youtube site as viewing the video below will show all kinds of aliasing due to extreme high resolution of footage and weird size of youtube video window)

• @AfricaGH2 Thanks for the report! :-)

Is this in such a state in the raw MTS file? Would you send the raw MTS file to me? In the same report from other users, there was no problem in the raw file, and when encoded in PC, the error had come out. Thanks!

• Ok again I am having no luck with patches --- see this video. I have the - Comment=bkmcwd Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' and 'Modified Cinema Smooth Matrix'

This was a zoomed shot with auto focus but it did it on a wide shot with a pan too. Panning is the problem perhaps? I am using the st 14-140 panny lens with the 64gb - 95mbps card -- I just want a patch that works ......:(

• @AfricaGH2

I get so bloody confused with all of these patches!

To be sure, it may be unclear. Since the history of the release is shown in this link place at least about my settings, please refer to them.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/57881#Comment_57881

And please question me about the point which you do not understand. :-)

• Ok sorry I pasted the wrong info, I do indeed have -- Comment=bkmcwd "GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA2" 24H&24L=3GOP, FSH,FH&HBR=3GOP, SH&H=9GOP&6GOP + "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

I get so bloody confused with all of these patches!

• @AfricaGH2 Hi,

Don't you possibly misunderstand the thread? About the setting, you should make subject in the thread of Nick @driftwood. :-)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4828/driftwood-settings-experimental-series-2-gh3onagh2-matrix-test-an-boom-intravenus-cluster-v8/p1

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters