Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • Here one 12.800 ISO

ISO12800.JPG
    4608 x 3072 - 5M
  • @DealjagdLtd

And can anyone upload Video and Image-Samples with ISO 3200 or higher?

I can :)

Not that they are any good pictures, they were just taken with high ISOs. Here 25.600 ISO

ISO-25600.JPG
    4608 x 3072 - 8M
    ISO-25600-2.JPG
    4608 x 3072 - 7M
  • @astraban bright clarification

• I don't no if it is already posted? http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/pressrelease/gh3_hs35100/index.html

About the new stereo mic:

It is designed with metal to offer a sophisticated look.

LoL

• I think like all cameras we've got to use it for the job and forget the specs. If anything I feel the DSLR revolution has made us spoilt by getting so much for so little. Try putting things in perspective when we were recording in standard definition, had no slo-mo, etc.

• @LongJohnSilver unless the GH3 have a built-in NLE, of course an edited sequence is not straight out of the camera... no need to download &/or pixel peep to discover that.

• GH2UW : i agree with you! And can anyone upload Video and Image-Samples with ISO 3200 or higher?

• @RatLabProductions Thanks

So it's clueless as usual

• We are all looking forward to testing a GH3 side-by-side with a well hacked/set-up GH2...

BUT WAIT A MINUTE! After a couple ciders tonight I had a flash of insight.

Surely Panasonic would have spent a few hours of effort already to have done this to prove to themselves that the GH3 has better image quality? Of course they have...that's so obvious a thing to do.

I will now sleep much better knowing that we have nothing to worry about...and that the new MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE GH3 will outperform my old tech GH2's...:)

• @LongJohnSilver I think on his site he stated he graded it with an apple rep at another booth so no idea what that might play in some of the different skin tones on some shots.

• I downloaded the Voltemort test. It seems to me that it's not straight out of the camera but a nle export file.

• Hi, not sure if someone has already mention this: http://lumix.jp

Since last week GH3 press release, I have been checking the lumix Japan site, but so far only the 35-100mm zoom lens has been announced, no news related to GH3.

I don't know whether this is just common practice in Japan, i.e. a product will be announced only when it's close to shipment, or GH3 is an exception, where even Panasonic Japan marketing team thinks the spec is not really finalised (?)

• People who says "I see even Grain at ISo200" and so on: Did you try the same with GH2? I'm sure, in a dark, underexposed Picture, you will see also see grain or noise in GH2 at ISO200. I don't see any clue that GH3 would have more noise than GH2. I for myself will buy GH3 and keep the GH2 at the same time. So i have 2 Bodys.

• I do agree that it''s better to wait until production units are out but I really do hope the detail level will at the very least match the GH2's. The suspense over how things will play out for this camera is intense.

Any news on rather Panasonic will be making enough initially? With that kind of price, it wouldn't surprise me if it'll be like the GH1 and GH2 in which the stock was so low at first especially in the US. On the other hand, maybe it'll be different this time. Who knows.

• Hi there.

I read so much about the new GH3. But i have not seen enough shootings from it, to make my decision. Some great features of cause (timecode,1080/50p, mov-files), but to me not worth to retire my GH2.

I love my GH2, espacially with Flowmotion and good lenses. And before i buy a GH3, i think i sell my GH1 and buy another GH2. I think i know any strenghth and weaknes of them, i do have to know. And can shoot instead of making tests again. Those tests with GH1 and 2 helped a lot to get deep into the cams. Panasonic has changed so much with GH3 that i do have to start from scratch again. Many people still switch from tube to 1080 HD-TVs or to smart TVs for their home. So 4k will take a few years. And untill that day, my GH2 will make exceptional shootings. If, - yes if i will get a unexpected bunch of money, then maybe...

• As I was disappointed at GH2 launch, I have the same feeling with the GH3... no Log profile, no real wide dynamic range usable at all ...

Vitaliy give to the GH2 the power we use today as a "pro" cam.

I thing I will wait to see many D600 and A99 video tests in term of usability, moiré, aliasing... and will do my choice. I pray about that things that be done by Vitaliy with the GH2 can be real with the GH3 :-)

• Hi,

the 6 GH3 JPEG and RAW picutres can be downloaded here:

http://perlichtman.com/somecamera/photokina2012/6-GH3-JPEG+RAW.rar

They are identical, cause I shot JPEG+RAW together.

Dieter

• IMO this camera was a valid attempt to improve the "Hybrid" nature of the GH line. They had to step up the build quality to make it more suitable for different environments and heavy use. They made the functionality better with more buttons and wheels. I mean they improved so many of the physical aspects of the camera. Headphone output is great. I just think we have to see just how much of a difference there is in the Image.

One thing about the codec tho is that reports have been good about the grading of GH3 footage. That can't be overlooked either. It's the 1st GH you can just pick up and start using that has this level of recording without being hacked yet. The GH2 Hack has spoiled us to a great extent. If we just compare a stock GH2 to the GH3 as an overall product it's not even close.

The Hack turbo charges the GH2 to such a degree that it's hard to really improve on that with stock firmware, but I think Pany did a good job coming close. To make a production camera that will perform at such a high level using a wide variety of SD cards is not to be overlooked. Not everyone is gonna use Sandisk top rated cards. The average user out there saving money with other lesser brands of SD card should expect better stock quality than the stock GH2.

A huge part of the GH owners out there aren't hacking and so for them this camera is a huge improvement in just about every way.

• @mintcheerios

Most stuff about the image quality is conjecture until we do a side by side comparison of the GH2 and production GH3.

I agree absolutely.

Until the production GH3 is available to buy and test, it's more interesting and useful to limit discussion to hardware specs...and be patient about image quality.

• i see grain even at iso 200.

Please download original file.

My question can we do something with Neat video, can an expert upload it with NR ?

• Most stuff about the image quality is conjecture until we do a side by side comparison of the GH2 and production GH3. Nothing fancy, just a few videos of both cameras with the same settings in the same position. All this conjecture reminds me of when the first GH2 clips started leaking out.

• @Kae

Yeah, thats pretty much how I feel, some love the look, some dont...count me in the later.

I hope they are successful with it, for me right now tho..I will be keeping my GH2.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions