Personal View site logo
SLR Magic 2x ANAMORPHIC lens
  • 804 Replies sorted by
  • @sammy are you looking for 2.35:1 or 2.66:1 anamorphic?

1ft is not quite possible for an anamorphic lens or anamorphic adapter. The use of close up filters would be the way to go. IQ is generally poor without the use of close up filters below 3m distance.

The advantage of an anamorphic adapter is universal usage. Disadvantage is compromised IQ and weak mounting solution. It would be held by the 2-3mm thread only. There is also a chance the adapter is not aligned properly due to user error and you do not get the best IQ. Users will also need to have a trial and error with which lens work well with the adapter.

The advantage of an anamorphic lens is ease of use, sturdy lens, and expected results. Disadvantage is versatality of course.

If we do make an adapter, what is your opinion towards a huge (77-95mm front diameter) FF adapter or a dedicated mFT adapter (maybe 52mm or smaller) in a smaller size?

Thanks, Andrew

• @beeldlab what kind of anamorphic look are you looking for?

When shooting at 16:9

1.5x = 2.66:1 1.75x = 3.11:1 2x = 3.55:1

Just a reminder, we do not need to stick to the standard 1.5x, 1.75x, or 2x. As we are making a new one from scratch any specification is possible (at least we can try).

Thanks, Andrew

• For me If the adapter is 1.33 or 1.5x and can rack focus down to about 1ft to infinity with out using extra close up filter (not sure if its possible), ill be one of the first to buy one ..for me i rather it be an adapter rather than a fixed focal length anamorphic

• Would prefer 1.5 or even the wider 1.75. 2x is a bit too extreme (still like it). MSRP? Depends on quality for sure. Good Sankors go for round 400/500. Bolex Moller 1000, isco even more. If prize can compete with them I would get one.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters