Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @Kihlian

Ahh. So it is about constant and adaptive bitrate! Thank you so much Kihlian!

• @kriser81 Q1 has constant high bitrate Q20 has "adaptive" bitrate, that means more the movement or more the details in the shoot so higher the file.

• Hello. Maybe It's not the right topic to ask questions about Sedna's settings, still I hope someone can clarify me some confusion. Right now I'm using Sedna A Q20 and quite happy with it though I'm also looking for new options as well. I browsed back this topic to March, at that time there were a lot of talks about Sedna Q1 and Q20.

My question is since the patch has 3 versions (A, B, C), I understand that Q20 is Sedna A while Q1 is Sedna B (I dont know what Sedna C is anyway). But a lot of people also talking about "Sedna A Q1", what is that? Is it another patch?

By the way, from what I had read, Q1 gives better quality while Q20 has better motion right? I plan to try Q1 as well, but everytime I patch new firmware, I feel like I would have a heart attack.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

• @weathabee , excellent video.

• @Lambo Thanks! I actually used two HD Hero 2 cameras for the shoot. One was using the new dive housing that GoPro released in May, and the other was the BlurFix kit from Snake River Prototyping. I bought the BlurFix before the GoPro version was available and did some comparisons when I had both, but I could not see any significant differences. They are both WAY better than the original housing. I'd recommend the GoPro dive housing simply because it's $30 cheaper and ready to use out of the box, whereas you have to assemble the BlurFix kit manually (not difficult though).

• News & Competition Many of you will have noticed I havent been very active on these pages of late. Thats because I'm filming 'Swim to Land' at the moment and of course am very busy. I did hope to release 'Apocalypse Now' setting by now but have still a few tuneups to integrate - there will be Intra variations and Cluster v7 variations. bkmwcd will also be releasing a 'Valkyrie' setting for GOP3 users too.

Lookout for releases this weekend for sure.

BTW: I'll be setting up a competition voting response page link on wiki whereby all entries posted in this thread should be placed. Only one entry each person (so choose your personal fav entry if you have provided more than one). More news on the whereabouts of this link soon.

Best,

Nick

• Who is the Winner??? Anynews??? Who Won that X Lens.

• @weathabee nice footage, which underwater case is this...?

• Thanks guys! @Diffusion33 I graded with Magic Bullet Looks in After Effects. I started with a preset that applies lift to blues and gain to orange. Also used a subtle spot fill that contributed to the nostalgic look - it worked like an inverse vignette. Then just adjusting curves to get where I want. The underwater material was similar but more purple instead of warm.

• @wathabee Awesome work, love the colors, very nostalgic! What did you do your CC in? Great track too :-) @Driftwood your patches fucking rule man ;-)

• @weathabee I loved the shot when he pushed the little kid in the pool =)

• @wathabee Great colors, looks great overall.

• No sunsets in this project, but I just wanted to share a music video I completed with Driftwood Sedna AQ1 "A" settings. Shot mainly with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 with some Olympus 9-18mm f/4-5.6 as well. Smooth -2, -2, -2, -2.

• @Tristan , great quality, lovely birds, animals etc ... Lens ?, Film mode ?

• No sunset from me, but here's a video I shot while it rained all day Sunday. I'm using Cluster v6 Nebular and testing some vintage lenses. I found banding to be very apparent in the dark areas when shooting ETC mode, even while I was avoiding the ISO bug ISOs. Crushing the blacks helped a lot on those shots, though. All 720/60p slowed down to 24.976

• Test Patch Cluster v6 Nebular

• @peterosinski , use Cluster v6, that's what I'm using, excellent quality Sedna/Orion matrix etc ...

• hey guys, I have been out of the loop here since I started using v pictoris cbr back a few months ago. As it stands what is the highest quality hack that you can use with a sandisk extreme 30MB/s card? I have over 200GB worth of them so I dont want to buy new cards, just want to know whats the best quality hack that will write consistently to them

• @feha Thanks! The first is nebular, the second one is actually a test footage from the beta testing, I believe is the drewnet version. The second one has some grading as well on a few of the shots but the non compressed version looks much better then vimeo.

• No problem Omellan, glad you got it worked out.

• @mee thank you for your help.

Shot with Canis Majoris Day pm and a Nikkor DX 17-55 lens, no grading.

• @luxis , very nice. Is it Nebula or Drewnet ?

• @Sangye thank you! It was really unexpected. The couple is really happy with the video. The most amazing thing is that I ended up proposing myself a few days later. Also under the approving eye of my GH2, bu this time it was planned, and not a sunset, but while dancing in the woods, my fiancée is a modern dancer in NYC.

• @driftwood How's Apocalypse Now setting coming along? Have a feeling this is the setting that will really unlock the narrative filmmaking visual capability of GH2. Preparing to shoot short film and would love to use Apocalypse Now setting. Do you think the release is pretty close or are we better to expect it in a few weeks? Thanks again for your committed work. Best on your upcoming production Swim To Land. Rock on!

• Maybe way overdue but yet:

Uploading stuff on vimeo on slow connection is just not fun, got stuck many times too. Second one coming but takes forever...

Both are filmed with Cluster v6