Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @apriori thanks so much for the explanation on your lighting strategy. It was like a mini filmmakers workshop! I totally agree that shallow focus is played out and overrated. Your approach to compliment the natural lighting with modest lighting setups is enlightening and stunning to see in the stills. Creative indeed! Can't wait to see the finished piece! Will you have a trailer or snippet online?

• here is my entry , zero grading, shot with cluster v6 on a GH2.

• My first entry....

Pansonic GH-2, 1080/24p, Smooth or Cinema (I don't remember), Distagon 1,7/50 with adapter, Canis Mayoris "Night" patch,

• Canon FD 50 with ND2 filter

• @rajamalik thanks pal. Glad it gave you some emotions, it was worth doing it for that alone!

• Panasonic GH-2, 1080/24p, Sedna Q1A patch, Distagon 1,7/50 with adapter,

• Sunset experiment witha Holga pinhole lens and Sedna.

• Here is my bug again, I didn't know how to embed the video last time. @mee : temperature was about 7°C and I think the bug was looking at the heat of the lens

• Sorry, I don't understand how to embed a youtube video. Here is the link again

• [vi­meo]

­eo]

• Hi! I hope I'm not too late for the sunset contest. While on Cape Cod last week, I was filming a sunset on the beach, when suddenly two people jumped into my shot. The man kneeled down and proposed. All this in front of my camera. https://vimeo.com/victorlazaro/sunsetproposal

[EDIT] - Shot on GH2 with 14-140 lens and @Driftwood Cluster v6 hack. Edited in Final Cut Pro X

• @Phenixone that's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of shot. Congratulations!

• @omellan For personal-view.com all you need to do is copy the address from the browser and then paste it into your comment. Other sides often have a button for embedding, but it's a step simpler here ;)

• Maybe way overdue but yet:

Uploading stuff on vimeo on slow connection is just not fun, got stuck many times too. Second one coming but takes forever...

Both are filmed with Cluster v6

• @driftwood How's Apocalypse Now setting coming along? Have a feeling this is the setting that will really unlock the narrative filmmaking visual capability of GH2. Preparing to shoot short film and would love to use Apocalypse Now setting. Do you think the release is pretty close or are we better to expect it in a few weeks? Thanks again for your committed work. Best on your upcoming production Swim To Land. Rock on!

• @Sangye thank you! It was really unexpected. The couple is really happy with the video. The most amazing thing is that I ended up proposing myself a few days later. Also under the approving eye of my GH2, bu this time it was planned, and not a sunset, but while dancing in the woods, my fiancée is a modern dancer in NYC.

• @luxis , very nice. Is it Nebula or Drewnet ?

• @mee thank you for your help.

Shot with Canis Majoris Day pm and a Nikkor DX 17-55 lens, no grading.

• No problem Omellan, glad you got it worked out.

• @feha Thanks! The first is nebular, the second one is actually a test footage from the beta testing, I believe is the drewnet version. The second one has some grading as well on a few of the shots but the non compressed version looks much better then vimeo.

• hey guys, I have been out of the loop here since I started using v pictoris cbr back a few months ago. As it stands what is the highest quality hack that you can use with a sandisk extreme 30MB/s card? I have over 200GB worth of them so I dont want to buy new cards, just want to know whats the best quality hack that will write consistently to them

• @peterosinski , use Cluster v6, that's what I'm using, excellent quality Sedna/Orion matrix etc ...

• Test Patch Cluster v6 Nebular

• No sunset from me, but here's a video I shot while it rained all day Sunday. I'm using Cluster v6 Nebular and testing some vintage lenses. I found banding to be very apparent in the dark areas when shooting ETC mode, even while I was avoiding the ISO bug ISOs. Crushing the blacks helped a lot on those shots, though. All 720/60p slowed down to 24.976

• @Tristan , great quality, lovely birds, animals etc ... Lens ?, Film mode ?