Personal View site logo
Hacked GF2 footage topic
  • 146 Replies sorted by
  • pvdog with manual 28mm sigma md mount lens and macro+1 filter

• GF2 with Sigma 30mm F 1.4

• Footage with Flowmotion 2.2 and 14mm kit lens

• filmed using a hacked gf2, flowmotion 1.11 - iA, 14mm / 2.5. one shot, hand held, filmed in iAuto 1080i, scaled to 720p (which is represented in the attached files). any tips for filming concerts? in the meantime, i've switched to driftwood's cluster v6 nebular variation.

@subco yes, the screenshot shows interlaced video. how can i get more informative pictures / screenshots to upload? should i convert the video and then make a screenshot?

motherscake1080iMTS.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    motherscake720pMP4.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • Here is my test footage:

• @isazaly Great video! Better than gh1 and canon 7d!

• @AlbertZ Yes. I was surprised. More crude test with Color Grading soon :)

• Here is another one with Flowmotion and some grading comparison:

• @isazaly GREAT quality!

• gf2 with oly 45mm 1:1.8, mounted on a tripod, iA-mode, hack: driftwood's cluster v6 nebular variation; shot in 1080i, rendered to 720p; edited in kdenlive (flawlessly). it is a making of video of a photo shoot; the footage is quite okay, i simply trusted the camera and the hack while doing making of photography.

• two gf2s: (1) with pana 14mm 1:2.5 mounted on a tripod. the focus was set manually with a stand-in before the actual shooting. sandisk class 10 sdcard. (2) with oly 45mm 1:1.8 handheld. autofocus. noname class 6 sdcard. (1) & (2) iA-mode, hack: driftwood's cluster v6 nebular variation; shot in 1080i, edited in kdenlive, rendered to 720p; i found the creative commons music on jamendo... well, nobody seems to be interested in this thread anymore...? have you given up on lil' gf2?

• great video, @francofuego. I've noticed that GF2 performs much better with new lens like the Olympus 45 1.8 that using Canon FD...

• thank you very much! @subco i dislike the rolling shutter too. but what you gonna do? i know that a tripod helps in stabilizing the whole video. anway, i won't change the system... i did no color grading on that. it's a nice match though, i simply trusted the cameras (iAuto). i wanted to keep it simple, make it quick, the editing process too. @AlbertZ you are one of few who says something like that. i have no old lenses, i don't want to invest in old standards. but still, there are pretty nice videos which were made with old glass! e.g. @zinin in "gf2 stable settings" thread

• If you want to get rid of the rolling shutter caused by global camera movement there are plenty of ways to reduce - if not even fix it. The most advanced is "Rolling Shutter" by the foundry, but there is also cheaper ways like the new rolling shutter plugin in After Effects or the correction the NewBlue Stabiliser.

• If you want to get rid of the rolling shutter caused by global camera movement there are plenty of ways to reduce - if not even fix it. The most advanced is "Rolling Shutter" by the foundry, but there is also cheaper ways like the new rolling shutter plugin in After Effects or the correction inside the NewBlue Stabiliser.

• Ditto on the Olympus 45 f1.8 on the gf2 , perfect match for video or stills if you use the auto functions, but also awesome image. The extra sharpness of the Oly gives the gf2 a visual resolution lift.

• GF2 Hack Patch: Driftwood AQ20 seta,ini Mjpeg 1920 x 1080 30p Lens: H-FS014042 Panasonic 14-42 f/5.6 1/100 sec F 42mm + ExTele WB: auto Standard -2,+2,+2,0 iDynamic: off i.Resolution: off

• behind the scenes video from a fashion film shoot. cam: gf2. slr magic toy lens 26mm 1:1.4. sandisk class 10 sdcard. manual mode (mostly, some my colour mode). hack: driftwood's cluster v6 nebular variation (i've got that for a while now and i'm pretty content); shot in 1080i, edited in kdenlive, rendered to 720p. i did some experiments on a few scenes, not much: i manipulated speed (which worked fine) & colour (greyscale, technicolor). i like the overall feeling of the footage, which comes from the lense mostly. the music by groove colours is adding to the feeling. it's a simple feel good thing.

• hi ,this a little test with Sanity V in GF2 (not used color correction, contrast, sharpness, or anything)

• This video was shot entirely with the GF2. The only shot that looked amazing was the thumbnail of the video which I used a Canon 50mm FD. The shots in the video are with the Panasonic 20mm which I found too plastic looking and sharp. I had many great shots with the 50mm but without a monopod the shots were ruined (couldn't even fix them with warp stabilizer). So my 2 cents would be to use old softer prime lenses over nice sharp panasonic glass for great video from these little cams.

• recently, i set up two gf2s for shooting the concept / performance of a singer: (1) with pana 14mm 1:2.5. sandisk class 10 sdcard. (2) with oly 45mm 1:1.8 noname class 6 sdcard. (1) & (2) were each mounted on tripods. the focus was set manually with stand-ins before the actual shooting. "manual" mode: each camera kept its settings, which were set with the flicker reduction of 1/50 in mind, meaning: i adjusted iso & aperture in order to have an exposure of 1/50. of course, wb was also set manually. then, i hit the record button. it worked out pretty well having the even lighting in the closed interior setting. i'm still working with the same nice hack: driftwood's cluster v6 nebular variation; shot in 1080i, edited in kdenlive, no cc / manipulation, rendered to 720p. simple.