Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • UPDATE(2012/07/13):I set "GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA7" to "GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2" officially. :-)

@ Silent users of GOP3ZILLAs :-)

I release new experimental but orthodox "GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA7" setting.

According to the opinion of @cbrandin, bandwidth will be wasted if DC value is not 4 or more. Since the release of the new matrix of Chris had not been permitted yet, I adjusted GOP3ZILLA of the stock matrix anew. I think that DC value always becomes 4 or more with this setting.

If there is no problem in this setting, I would like to make this into the formal "version 2."

Please try it!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bit rate in 24H = around 100M probably)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H and 24L both.

*For the user of both PAL and NTSC, of course.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, also available after reboot the camera.

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

Please DL original raw data from vimeo to look the REAL IQ.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA7.zip
    841B
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_24p_ISO120_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 634 - 179K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_HBR30p_ISO120_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 186K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_24p_ISO120_town_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 191K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_HBR30p_ISO120_town_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 198K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_24p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 179K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_25p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 184K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_HBR30p_ISO800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 183K
  • UPDATE(2012/07/13):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7c" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/73996#Comment_73996

I released the improved version of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA7". http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72523#Comment_72523

@tomz Thanks for very good sample footage! :-) This is with GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2.

• nice setting.

• @ Silent users of GOLGOP3-13-MAXs

I think the latest "BETA8" and "BETA8b" are not good in HBR and FSH probably. :-( "BETA7" is better than these versions in HBR and FSH. However, 24p of "BETA8" and "BETA8b" work fine. Since I am testing the matrix of Chris and NIck now, there is seldom time. But, I will update them soon.

• @tmz Thanks always for using my settings, mate! :-) It's lovely and nice sample for GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2!

• Again, I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8b" setting.

This "BETA8b" is an experimental setting using new GOP tables in 1080i /HBR modes and also using new EX matrix variation in all modes.

In this "BETA8b", the matrix which make it harder to waver in a codec is adopted.

With the old GOP tables, the bit rate fell extremely in the motion. On this GOP table, I am an intention having kept the bit rate from falling also in the motion. This time also, HBR25p and 30p are especially adjusted to priority.

By all means, please give me feedback as compared with "BETA8" or other former settings!

"BETA8":http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72766#Comment_72766

Of course, this is also real "Almighty" 3GOP setting. :-)

This new EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from SednaAQ1C is also optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has more adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 1080i, HBR, and 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

*Deblocking tables are substituted by your liking.

Special thanks to @syoushow!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA8b.zip
  • GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2&Nokton25mm

Perfect...

• @ ALL :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA8" setting.

This is an experimental setting using completely new GOP tables in 1080i /HBR modes. With the old GOP tables, the bit rate fell extremely in the motion. On this GOP table, I am an intention having kept the bit rate from falling also in the motion. This time, HBR25p and 30p are especially adjusted to priority.

By all means, please give me feedback as compared with other former settings!

Since the BETA7 is slightly agressive in 720/60p, simultaneously, this mode was also improved.

*Of course, this is also real "Almighty" 3GOP setting.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from SednaAQ1C is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 1080i, HBR, and 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA8.zip
  • UPDATE(2012/07/13):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7c" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/73996#Comment_73996

UPDATE: I released "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version)"

This is improved in only 720/60p from BETA7.

@ Silent users of my settings :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA7" setting.

Since the BETA6 is too agressive in 720/50p, I detuned it.

*This is the same as BETA6 except 720/50p.

*This is also "Almighty" 3GOP setting.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from SednaAQ1C is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 720p.

Please try it! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

NOTE:

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA7(Improved Version).zip
  • @ Silent users of my settings, especially GOLGOP3-13 lovers! :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2" setting.

This changes only the 24p of first BETA version. It has improved so that GH2 codec may not waver more on a high stressed scene.

"A" means "Almighty" or "All-around".

Since former GOLGOP3-13s were not able to use the too much low base Q all around, "standard" and "lowlight" were prepared, but since this new GOLGOP3-13 controlled qp appropriately on all the scenes, it was taken as "A."

This BETA2 is also an experimental setting yet. But I am sure that this is one of the best 3GOP. Especially, in 24p, this is the king of 3GOP setting, IMHO. EX matrix adopted as this setting is optimized by my friend in SednaAQ1C at 3GOP. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to the "motion" over the "static" in 720p.

Similarly I am going to improve the MAX version "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX" which cannot be played back in a camera succeedingly.

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate is about 90M in 24p.)

*FSH and HBR are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_24p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 175K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 178K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_24p_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 194K
    GOLGOP3-13-A_B2_HBR30p_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 204K
  • @hi1130

"what kind of film mode do you use?"

I always use "CINEMA" and "NOSTALGIC" In all my samples, always "CINEMA." This is because contrast is strong, so a codec wavers easily. Since those are test samples to the last. :-)

• UPDATE(2012/07/05):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA2" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72295#Comment_72295

@ Silent users of my settings, especially GOLGOP3-13 lovers! :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA" setting.

"A" means "Almighty" or "All-around".

Since former GOLGOP3-13s were not able to use the too much low base Q all around, "standard" and "lowlight" were prepared, but since this new GOLGOP3-13 controlled qp appropriately on all the scenes, it was taken as "A."

This is an experimental setting yet. But I am sure that this is one of the best 3GOP. Especially, in 24p, this is the king of 3GOP setting, IMHO. EX matrix adopted as this setting is optimized by my friend in SednaAQ1C at 3GOP.
    This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to the "motion" over the "static" in 720p.

Similarly I am going to improve the MAX version "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX" which cannot be played back in a camera succeedingly.

NOTE:

*FSH and HBR are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA.zip
  • @bkmcwd what kind of film mode do you use?

• @chromekoda

Thanks always mate. So coooool footage! :-)

"AVCHD 720p freezes the camera very easily in that mode."

What type of card did you use?

• This is my test with your latest settings bkmcwd

It is shot in tele ex mode as HBR, AVCHD 720p freezes the camera very easily in that mode.

• These are samples of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA6". :-)

GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA6_24p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 195K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA6_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 193K
  • @ Silent users of GOP3ZILLAs :-)

I release new experimental "GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA6" setting.

*Compared with BETA5, FSH, HBR and SH are set as the slightly low frame limit in BETA6 for using Panny X12-35 lens.

Of course, stability is taken into consideration by top priority.

Please try it!

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bit rate in 24H = around 100M probably)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H and 24L both.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA6.zip
    910B
  • @kovtun66 Thanks for testing GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX! :-)

"which of your settings has the HBR (NTSC) mode specifically with maximum frame size?"

Although I do not understand correctly, I imagine that my setting with a high possibility that the I-frame will become large most in a static scene is GOP3ZILLA-MAX with stock matrix. However, it is influenced by conditions.

"Is there any further room for increasing both the I-frame and B-frames?"

If it may be a set with low stress tolerance, it is possible to make frame size and the bit rate high more. If stability is thought as important, I think that there is almost no room. And I attach greater importance than to the frame size itself to improving image quality more by arranging qp of macroblocks as much as possible.

• Dear bkmcwd. The settings of yours always amaze me. They are so good, especially GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA6 made me your user again. Thank you so much. I have one question, though: which of your settings has the HBR (NTSC) mode specifically with maximum frame size? Is there any further room for increasing both the I-frame and B-frames? I know, 30p cannot match 24p. But I want the best of HBR mods, and I have faith in you!!! Thanks again!!!

• UPDATE(2012/06/27):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA7" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72523#Comment_72523

@ Silent users of my settings :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA6" setting.

Since the BETA5 is too agressive to use with Panny X12-35 in FSH and HBR, I detuned them.

*Compared with BETA5, FSH and HBR are set as the slightly safe for codec stopping under high stressed scene in BETA6.

*This is the same as BETA5 except FSH and HBR.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from Sedna is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 720p.

Please try it!

NOTE:

Please download original raw data from vimeo and check actual IQ.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA6.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_BETA6_24p_ISO1600_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 190K
  • @flaschus Although not fully tried yet, for me, it is very easy-to-use and so far satisfied. If possible, also under lowlight, I am going to try today. :-)

• @bkmcwd...

whats up. that is a terrific shot,,,

the 12 - 35 looks like a nice investment. How are you liking it so far?

• @sohus Thanks mate! :-) I got GH2, in order to use DIY SteadiCam originally, but GH2 settings are busy and I cannot take time to practice...

• @driftwood Thanks Nick! :-) As you have stuck to Intra, I have stuck to 3GOP. Thanks to the great challenges by you, I can also make better settings now.

• @bkmcwd Awesome steadicam work!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters