Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @ Silent users of my settings :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA4" setting.

*Compared with BETA3, FSH and HBR are set as the slightly high bit rate in BETA4.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from Sedna is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

*Deblocking tables are substituted by your liking.

Special thanks to @syoushow!

Please try it!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames.

*Probably, 24p80%(30p) is available in 24L only.(In 24H, need test)

*In PAL Mode, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

Please download original raw data from vimeo and check actual IQ.

*The level line of the high qp macroblocks has not appeared even in the high contrast scene. :-)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA4.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_B4_24p_ISO160_flower2_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 196K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_B4_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 194K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_B4_HBR30p_iso200_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 197K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_B4_60p_ISO200_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 191K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_B4_24p_ISO200_park_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 634 - 177K
  • @subco Thanks for the info. Where I can get your "ini" settings for gf2?. I do not know what to do with the link text. Thanks

• Since the weather was bad, the NTSC versions the other day are not compared, but these are the samples of PAL.

*The level line of the high qp macroblocks has not appeared even in the high contrast scene. :-)

GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_B4_HBR25p_ISO400_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 634 - 202K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_B4_50p_ISO400_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1295 x 633 - 193K
  • These are the ISO3200 samples of GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_BETA4.

GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_BETA4_24p_ISO3200_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 190K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_BETA4_HBR30p_ISO3200_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 198K
  • @ Silent users of GOP3ZILLAs :-)

I release new experimental "GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA5" setting.

*Compared with BETA4, FSH, HBR and SH are set as the slightly high frame limit in BETA5.

In the modes other than 24p, it has improved so that the same frame size as a MAX version can be used. Of course, stability is taken into consideration by top priority.

Please try it!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bit rate in 24H = around 100M probably)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H and 24L both.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA5.zip
    935B
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_24p_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1299 x 634 - 189K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_60i_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 188K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_HBR30p_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 184K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_60p_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 167K
  • @subco Thanks for the tutorial and the file. I´m going to test it now.

• Hi @bkmcwd !

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I just wanted to share a little video I shot at a NASA JPL open house a week or so ago with the GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA setting (I think you posted this setting in April?)... not the best camera work and editing/coloring I'm sure, but I thought the subject matter was interesting ;)

Anyway I particularly like to use your settings along with Driftwood's and wanted to say thank you to you, @Driftwood and @Vitaliy_Kiselev for all the hard work you've put into making the GH2 shine far brighter than it was intended to, and for generously sharing your accomplishments with all the average guys on this site... and yes, I've donated :)

Cheers!!

-Will

• @bkmcwd We shot this short portrait in April using the AF101, the GH2 with on of your GOLGOP3 settings and Voigtländer and Nikon lenses. Thanks a lot for your work!

• @Wilbo @Tobsen

Thanks for using my settings and you are welcome! :-)

Since I am now on short trip, I cannot look your footages. I will do tomorrow night.

@sohus Have you tried 720/60p of GOP3ZILLA_ST or natural_st? I think that these are safe settings.  My latest BETA5 of GOP3ZILLA_ST2 is also stable in all mode. IMHO, 720/60p is available only with max bitrate of about 55M at least in Low GOP. The actual bitrate of my 720/60p is set to about 55M.

• These are the samples of GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5.

*Please DL original raw data from vimeo to look the REAL IQ.

*These videos are only samples for image quality.

Sorry! The samples of "night" are not with ISO3200 but ISO1600.

GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_24p_ISO400_Temple_sp_qp.JPG
    1295 x 634 - 203K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_24p_ISO160_leaves_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 194K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_24p_ISO3200_salad_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 187K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_HBR30p_ISO160_trees_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 203K
    GOP3ZILLA_ST_V2_BETA5_HBR30p_ISO3200_salad_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 194K
  • @ Silent users of my settings :-)

UPDATE: I have already released new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA6" setting.

*Since the BETA5 is too agressive to use with Panny X12-35 in FSH and HBR, I detuned them.

*Compared with BETA5, FSH and HBR are set as the slightly safe for codec stopping under high stressed scene in BETA6.

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA5" setting.

*Compared with BETA4, FSH and HBR are set as the slightly safe for codec wavering under high stressed scene in BETA5.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from Sedna is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. This matrix has the middle character of SednaAQ1C and a stock. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

Please try it!

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*In PAL Mode, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA5_24p_ISO160_park_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 194K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA5_24p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 634 - 203K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA5_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 634 - 197K
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA5.zip
  • @bkmcwd Mate, I just love your steadicam work. Absolutely terrific. Youve mastered it. :-) Great looking settings - well done.

• @driftwood Thanks mate! :-) Being praised by you is gladdest for me.

• Youve got the best looking GOP3 out there for sure :-)

• @bkmcwd Awesome steadicam work!

• @driftwood Thanks Nick! :-) As you have stuck to Intra, I have stuck to 3GOP. Thanks to the great challenges by you, I can also make better settings now.

• @sohus Thanks mate! :-) I got GH2, in order to use DIY SteadiCam originally, but GH2 settings are busy and I cannot take time to practice...

• @bkmcwd...

whats up. that is a terrific shot,,,

the 12 - 35 looks like a nice investment. How are you liking it so far?

• @flaschus Although not fully tried yet, for me, it is very easy-to-use and so far satisfied. If possible, also under lowlight, I am going to try today. :-)

• UPDATE(2012/06/27):I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA7" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/72523#Comment_72523

@ Silent users of my settings :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA6" setting.

Since the BETA5 is too agressive to use with Panny X12-35 in FSH and HBR, I detuned them.

*Compared with BETA5, FSH and HBR are set as the slightly safe for codec stopping under high stressed scene in BETA6.

*This is the same as BETA5 except FSH and HBR.

Please try it!

NOTE:

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA6.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_BETA6_24p_ISO1600_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 190K
  • Dear bkmcwd. The settings of yours always amaze me. They are so good, especially GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA6 made me your user again. Thank you so much. I have one question, though: which of your settings has the HBR (NTSC) mode specifically with maximum frame size? Is there any further room for increasing both the I-frame and B-frames? I know, 30p cannot match 24p. But I want the best of HBR mods, and I have faith in you!!! Thanks again!!!

• @kovtun66 Thanks for testing GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX! :-)

"which of your settings has the HBR (NTSC) mode specifically with maximum frame size?"

Although I do not understand correctly, I imagine that my setting with a high possibility that the I-frame will become large most in a static scene is GOP3ZILLA-MAX with stock matrix. However, it is influenced by conditions.

"Is there any further room for increasing both the I-frame and B-frames?"

If it may be a set with low stress tolerance, it is possible to make frame size and the bit rate high more. If stability is thought as important, I think that there is almost no room. And I attach greater importance than to the frame size itself to improving image quality more by arranging qp of macroblocks as much as possible.

• @ Silent users of GOP3ZILLAs :-)

I release new experimental "GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA6" setting.

*Compared with BETA5, FSH, HBR and SH are set as the slightly low frame limit in BETA6 for using Panny X12-35 lens.

Of course, stability is taken into consideration by top priority.

Please try it!

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bit rate in 24H = around 100M probably)

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H and 24L both.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard_V2_BETA6.zip
    910B
  • These are samples of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA6". :-)

Please DL original raw data from vimeo to look the REAL IQ.

GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA6_24p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 195K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA6_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 193K
  • This is my test with your latest settings bkmcwd

It is shot in tele ex mode as HBR, AVCHD 720p freezes the camera very easily in that mode.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters