Personal View site logo
Adobe Creative Suite 6, CS6 topic
  • 132 Replies sorted by
  • I've got a trial of Premiere Pro CS6.0 (Win) It seems that it imports the video from a MTS file but not the audio. Anyone else having this problem?

• For people like me with a new iMac and ATI graphics card that is not supported for mercury playback:

Mercury Playback GPU hack http://scruffythinking.com/notes/2012/5/8/mercury-playback-and-the-27-imac.html\

Works for me... 2GB of GPU power unleashed. Not sure why Adobe disabled this. Did HP ask them to (as they have a partnership)?

• @sohus that is gr8!!! worked also for me, ATI HD 5770 on 8-core mac pro, thanx

• Hmm, I tried this with my ATI 5870 and no joy. Anyone got that combo working? 8-core Mac Pro, 2008 model.

UPDATE: Just tried flat-out deleting the opencl_supported_cards.txt from the Contents folder in Premiere CS6 and it WORKED! Before I was trying to add my 5870 to the supported cards list and the name must've been wrong somehow. This is friggin awesome :)

P.S. Kanen's podcast, That Post Show, is a great listen.

• @APXmusic have the same prob here NO sound with haked files in Premiere Pro CS6 works fine in 5.5

• ati 5770 in a octocore (hack)mac pro 2,1. works awesome

• Anybody found the perfect value for RS repair in PPro for our beloved GH2?

• NO sound with GH2 files in Premiere Pro CS6 .How to import footage with sound in cs6.

Capture.PNG
    714 x 325 - 32K
  • In cs5.5 no problem with sound.Same footage.

premiere pro 5.5.PNG
    950 x 279 - 40K
  • Are you running the demo or the full install of CS6? Maybe it doesn't have the right codecs (there's an additional install that happens after you activate).

• I have sound, no problem from GH2 in Premiere CS6. maybe restart program holding down shift to reset prefs

• @sohus will this hack work on laptops as well?

• Premiere Pro CS6 works with my hacked GH2 files just fine. I just copy the .MTS files from the STREAM/ directory onto a HDD and import them into PP.

• I have some Rammstein problem. In 5.5.1 - present sound In 6.0.1 - no sound

and very small sequence presets list in afterload screen. (no 1080p as sample)

• @Sohus. I´m on iMac 27" with AMD Radeon HD 6970M and did exactly what you described in the video above. But I can´t choose "open GL vs. software only", it is greyed out. (PP PRO CS6, permissions repaired, all done as admin). Any ideas. BR Uli

• According to Adobe only Radeon HD 6750M andHD 6770M are supported.

• @sohus and nomad. The "hack" works as sohus showed with AMD Radeon HD 6970M, but you have to have Lion installed. It does not work woth leopard. BR ULi

• I've waited a year to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion this week. It was painless. No problem so far.

• PP CS6 is cool.

20120615-Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 3.44.14 AM.jpg
    720 x 431 - 346K
  • http://www.retooled.net/?p=308

Adjustment layer works with

• nested sequence

• color correction

• masking

• tracking

• blending

• transforming

All can be done in PP CS6. Nice. Actually I was hoping to see more PP features on AE, but more AE features on PP work ok.

• I was having the no MTS audio problem in Premiere CS6, but uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it.

However, now I'm having another annoying problem - Premiere keeps randomly reconforming the media in my project even though it's done it already. Even leaving Premiere running doesn't fix this. It's really slowing down my playback/seeking and there's just no need for it. Anyone else having this problem? On a large project with lots of clips it's pretty crippling.

I can't help but feel Premiere CS6 is super promising and clearly where I'm headed (versus Avid or FCPX) but Adobe needs to iron out some of these damn bugs.

Edit: Another update, maybe a fix - I noticed my Scratch Disk folders that I assigned weren't being updated when Premiere was conforming files. So maybe they were being written to a temp folder somewhere? I created a new folder and pointed Premiere CS6 to it, reconformed my project one more time, and since then it's running better. Possibly this has something to do with not clearing the cache after upgrading from CS5.5.

• I pulled my hair to this problems. How do I just apply the ward Stabilizer between In and Out point only. Every time I drag the effect on a clip on time line, that effect apply for the whole clip and took long time to analyze it. In Avid I just need to add 2 edit points and voila. Your help would be appreciated.