Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • I release "GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA3", "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA4", "GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA4", "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA6" and "GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA2" settings.

In these, some of the GOP tables are same experimentally. These are the almostly same settings except Q value and matrix.

Special thanks to @driftwood! :-)

Please try them!

Personally, I prefer "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA6", "GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA2" and "GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA4". It is because the codec does not waver in any scenes and the level lines of the high qp macroblocks do not appear with those settings.

Especially "GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA3" is suitable for lowlight.

Although the codec with "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA4" cannot waver easily, behavior unlike GOLGOP3-13 series is carried out except under the lowlight.

*Already combined with @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frame.

*In GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C, 24p80%(30p) is available in only 24L.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L and SH with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA3.zip
    848B
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA4.zip
    847B
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA4.zip
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA6.zip
    847B
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA2.zip
    GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA3_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 192K
    GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA4_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 207K
    GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA6_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 192K
    GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA2_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 193K
    GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_60p_GOP9_ISO160_forest_sp_qpJPG.JPG
    1295 x 631 - 181K
  • now to test your new golgop3 with sedna vs canis majoris!!

• @liquidify

Thanks! It is very interesting. Please give me feedback also to me. It is compared with the great setting of Nick after a long time. :-)

• @bkmcwd I saw the attached report of streamparser.

So, the differences between the settings with and without Sedna are QP value and B-frame size? Sedna has bigger QP & B-frame size than the other.

What does it mean?

Bigger B frame size in the motion like your floating sample seems to be good, but generally Lower QP is desirble.

Which is better? Is it the choice of kind of the user's liking?

• @bkmcwd, Thanks for your new settings!

Since the weather is not good, I tried long time recording in the room. The subject is my dirty jeans, and SD card is SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB.

HBR spanned 4 times and stopped (4GB+4GB+4GB+4GB+4GB, recording time is about 43 minutes, bitrate about 65Mbps)

FSH spanned 1 time and stopped (4GB+4GB, recording time is about 17 minutes, bitrate about 66Mbps)

SH spanned 4 times and I stopped manually (4GB+4GB+4GB+4GB+3.1GB, recording time is 60 minutes, bitrate about 44Mbps)

*"GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA3", iso3200, F5.6, SS1/60, NOS(-2,0,0-2)

• @soru

"Sedna has bigger QP & B-frame size than the other."

Yes, this is the feature of the Sedna version as a result. Since according to the guess which I heard from @Stray it subdivides more finely and the codec is processing the picture, the B frame is whether do become large and qp also becomes high. Although I do not understand truth well, the grain noises will be felt finer if I actually look at the picture.

"Bigger B frame size in the motion like your floating sample seems to be good, but generally Lower QP is desirble."

I do not think that the B frame of GOP3ZILLA_StockMatrix is small. Even if I look at other samples, sufficient size required for the scene is secured. I do not say that a difference comes out in motion, but consider that the difference has only appeared in the size of the B frame as a result of the difference in the processing described above.

"Which is better? Is it the choice of kind of the user's liking?"

Of course, it is based on your liking. Although this is based on my subjectivity to the last, is GOP3ZILLA_StockMatrix the highest if it is the purpose to obtain the highest feeling of resolving also in what kind of scene?

On the other hand, probably, the Sedna version of GOLGOP3-13 or GOP3ZILLA is suitable for those who want to use a Sedna matrix more effectively with bigger frame size than Intra settings.

• @har_k

Many thanks for feedbacks always, mate! :-)

If positive span is required in FSH, is it necessary to tweak the setting more?

• @bkmcwd I also read pm. And, I sent pm.:-) Thanks.

• @bkmcwd

Thanks.

While I don't do check exactly with side-by-side test, I also feel the noises of Sedna resembles to intra's.

• GOLGOP and Canis Majoris don't mix ;-)

not-a-good-mix.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 108K
  • @bkmwcd Did a testshot comparing your Natural- and C.M. soft skin of Nick Driftwood. C.M. recorded 2.3X higher in bitrate than Natural. C.M. gives a cleaner image with smoother curved details and less greens in the blacks but Natural is a great medium mbs patch! Coming days i will also compare a few higher bitrate GOP 3 patches of yours with GOP1 C.M. Thanks as always! Vimeo video: C.M. @ the left and Natural @ the right

picture caniscroptest: upper prt. is natural - lower prt. is the shiny dog with soft skin - lol

edit: the name of the last picture should be natural not golgop!

00030_Frames.JPG
    746 x 398 - 69K
    00031_Frames.PNG
    746 x 398 - 41K
    caniscroptest.jpg
    2364 x 1584 - 1M
    canis.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 471K
    golgop.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 475K
  • @har_k

Thanks, mate! :-)

Although GOLGOP3-13 is not the setting which targeted span positively, I tweak it a little.

• @soru

"I also feel the noises of Sedna resembles to intra's."

I also feel so. :-) Processing of the noises is somewhat difficult for me.

• @Ramses

Thanks for the info! :-) There is no telling whether to actually adopt to my setting, yet. Although I have not seen the newest matrix of @driftwood in detail yet, adjustment is somewhat required to combine.

• @bkmcwd I will provide you with the unreleased scaled Canis Majoris P and B tables for 24p and HBR settings if you require them.

• @ishvar

Many thanks for good comparison! :-) I think that natural is one of the best settings in a medium range. I am also looking forward to the next comparison.

• @driftwood

Hi Nick, Of course, I would like to try it! Please send me!!! Many thanks!:-)

• it is getting quite exiting here....

• @ishvar

Me too! :-)

• @bkmcwd Here is GOLGOP3-13v4.13 compared to a few other settings in a dark room. Which setting would you prefer I use in the next low light test?

I used GOLGOP3-13v4.13 this time because I already had it ready to use.

Here are the shooting settings I used. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/59978#Comment_59978

These images all had the gamma and contrast pushed in post.

GOLGOP3-13V4-130000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Control JPEG.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    CM_Night0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    CM_SkinTone_Soft0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    CM_Day_PM0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Sedna_AQ1_A0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @thepalalias

Very interesting and excellent comparisons, mate! :-)

"Which setting would you prefer I use in the next low light test?"

Well, if it will be the test in the dark so far, I am interested in what happens to the result of the latest GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA4.

Thanks a lot!

• @bkmwcwd Great, I will download that one now. :)

• @bkmcwd...

whats cookin!

i cannot wait to test a gol-gop13 w.CV night matrix....

as the intra is impressive, it just needs those MEGA i frames to become a monster!

• @thepalalias

I am looking forward to the result. :-)

• @flaschus

Yes, I also cannot wait the unreleased Canis Majoris matrix from Nick! :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters