Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @rajamalik 5D2RGB will give you the best transcode from MTS into FCP X. I personally use ProRes 444 as I render out to 444 out of After Effects.

• @thepalalias my friend bought a macbook pro yesterday,.. he needs some help,... we downloaded 5dtorpg and he has fcp x,... is it the best way to use 5dtorpg for all these top notch files,.. or some other converter is better?? we want to convert this sedna aaq1 files to prores 422 standard,... i know prores 422 hq is a overkill,..i prefer to just go one step ahead so stepped only for prores 422 basic one,.. but do 5dtorpg adds artifact?? which converter is the rite pair for fcp x prores 422 conversion,..?? even if its costly no problem,..please suggest us a converter...which can convert files with all the details of sedna without any artifacts,..

• @Chhatrapal Hey, use 3.65d. Salud

• One basic query Can i use Senda Aq1 with ptool 3.65? Or i should stick 3.64? Sorry guys i was away for some time!

• @vas907 are you recording 60fps sedna AQ20b on a patriot class10?

• Thanks for the update @driftwood !

• Just did a cpl of "oh bugger no sound" days on a mates amazing shoot in the Congo the Driftwood's front end and lordy looks thick - chunky and well presentable - gonna be shown soon in theatre - intersested to see it - have passed same patch footage to my other halfs rushes screen but I am so witnessing it from punter/sound man - be interesting to get u up, Nick, to BTV's suite you're fellow Brighton chums who have a grading suite in my better halfs building up town London. (Beers on me!)

• @driftwood producitons rocks!

• Guys, d'you want to drag this to some other thread and keep this about Quantum, Sedna, Cluster and after next week Canis? Pls, pretty please! This thread is some great knowledge collection. But it's getting hard to follow the information regarding the topic.

• @gameb 667x speed is not for sale, others are selling for example Eur and $ 45,00 16GB Sdhc 567x, (but did not find the 32/64GB Sdxc 567x), see the shops in that thread...

• @obscura no problems, so its still not for sale, where did you get the price from?

• @gameb oh okay it's just announced on CeBit Hannover we are still waiting for it, but also waiting for if it can beat sandisk sdxc 95MB, delkin 633

• @thepalalias cheers thepalalias, but thats why I asked, on none of these links there is the PRETEC SDHC 16GB 667X for sale (I couldn't find it, sorry), only compact flash

• Thank you Nick. Sorry for my impatiency.

• @gameb Here are starting points.

The site @obscura linked to in that very post (you may want to check that next time :), though with a more specific section link. http://xstra.eu/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=421&Itemid=3&TreeId=6&lang=en

Their list of "global partners": http://www.pretec.com/where-to-buy/global-partners

• There you go. No need to read the earlier update he provided only days ago... ;)

Best of luck Nick!

• Busy filming three things this week and some of next week. Music video, Children's documentary and three nights of a theatre show 'Growing Room' with Rachel Blackman (who starred in Matrix Revolutions!) ... but next week things should ease off... Canis and Cluster v2 are near completion - I just wanna be 100% happy with them... some of the new settings are being 'trialed' in the videos.. I'll be back in force soon. :-)

• By the way, where is Driftwood? It's been a 'long time' from his last masterpiece. What's about Canis Majoris?

• @obscura where can you buy it?

• After the test this weekend, we should have the average rates available for several patches. But rememer, it is scene dependent.

But if you want to start compiling, you can download and reference them from the MTS files I put up a while back in the Sedna blog at http://PasadenaPulse.net. That includes Cluster, stock fw 1.1., Orion, Sedna, Dark Matter, etc.

• @Marco Yes! I love that idea. I realize the latest rounds of patches have more than increased data rates going for them (better matrices, macro-blocking, etc.) But it'd be good to have some sort of list or chart of their rates. And seeing their average rate, instead of just highest potential rate... I don't know if that's been done yet has it? That'd be pretty cool to see.

• @Tifose It's not my work, and there is nothing about gh2, just name of this song "Mystery" :)

• @adamquesada 24p shows up correctly but but 60p shows up as 60fps and usually Premier Pro reads 60p as 59.94.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions