Personal View site logo
Volunteers wanted: Making mindmaps of most settings
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, and such things could be very useful not only for beginners.
    Sometimes small variations exist and they are hard to understand.

• @jobilo Looks good!

• Hi Vitaliy,

Being a kind of beginner myself when it comes to the pure technics (gop system, chrominance, stable/unstable bitrate, spanning or not, etc), I must admit I am kind of lost about identifying and understanding a type of setting: differences between the others, what clearly it does to the image, what situation it can help with (ex/ lowlight, exterior, for all situation in general) and others points (stable or not, spanning or not...).

Being a non english born speaking (i'm french), I have some difficulties to understand all the subtleties of these great settings (let's be clear, I"m not complaining here). A clear synthetic and summary document would be really appreciated. Something that could allow us to identify, understand, and choose the setting we want or need for a type of shooting.

So maybe I can help to make the document (excel doc or try mind mapping), but I won't have the skill to identify and sum-up all the settings with all their particularities and utility... Maybe it would be nice if all the Gh2 settings creator would make an "Identity card" of their own different settings. These identity cards would be all based on the same model (that would be decided by the creators themselves or by Vitaliy) and would add a brief summary of the images's results.

I'll add an attempt of model example for the mind-mapping GH2 Hacks List, done with iMindMap 5 Basic. Just trying to have and give ideas, hope it can help...

Regards

GH2 HACKS LIST EXAMPLE.pdf
    GH2 HACKS LIST.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
    GH2 HACKS LIST EXAMPLE.jpg
    1571 x 675 - 115K
  • Another good and free software

http://www.thinkbuzan.com/ru/products/imindmap/basic

I still see no one who'll volunteer for this task.
    And this is important thing as allows beginners to instantly look at the available settings.

• cool software,

• @stefanos

3 is pretty enough for now

• Mindomo could be interesting generally for filmakers. Making a mindmap and brainstorming about a film idea or script for example, or a site/blog/business.

• how do you find all this cool stuff Vitaliy? I'm curious...hehe I'll play around with it a bit, seems pretty cool but you can only make 3 maps with free membership .