Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • I just used 'Mysteron' and it turned my GH2 into an Red EPIC! ;-)

• @peaceonearth
    i use cinema , i edit final x and use mojo and some correction in post. i use to transcode ClipWrap :-)

• I can't seem to keep up with all these patches. I take a few days off of the forum and I'm lost. What is Sedna? How does it compare to the others? The descriptions on the first page are rather bare..

• @AlexManta I don't know if I can make it as far as Nagayo, but I will be visiting Kyoto sometime this year. Definitely let me know if you are in Tokyo and want to combine the power of our GH2's to create Mega Driftwood Sendatron 5000 ;) FYI am a big Old school Takara Transformers Otaku

• Are you unlocking thee experiment?

• "Mysteron" ? Did I miss something out?

EDIT: Ah, I see. ;] @driftwood This is what they do with the new iPhones. Did You forget something on the bar in a pub?

• Sometimes things are just a mystery...

• @Derek, hi, quick question, I see you use FCX, so do I, but I been having sound problems in the hacked clips (sedna C Q20) when I transcode them with 5dtoRGB, have you experience the same, if not, could you give me any advise as far as the work flow you use for the clips? Thank you

• Just to show won't post again here on flat dr look.

• @derek

it looks nice and sharp at the first sight but at the second look I wonder why the hightlights at the white sweater have blown out that much. Which picture style were you using?

• @woodybrando and others, doesn't this conversation belong in a different thread?

• Sedna Q1 Olympus 45mm 1.8 , final cut x, one colour correction

• @woodybrando The gh2 has lots of detail into the shadows, so you can underexpose a little. I have done a test comparing the gh2 and 60d about dynamic range, you can see the amount of DR in the shadows. You also have a workflow to show that using 5dtorgb that lift the shadows. Kholi is a great resource for that.

• The first one is less contrasty so I guess it is the epic one.

• What... ;-)

• @L1N3ARX Used 30mm Sigma and 85mm Samyang for this one. Glad you like it =)

• Amen Brother

• @driftwood "*** Latest News *** Canis Majoris & Cluster v2 being tested and finalised on ptools 3.65d."

Can I get an Hallelujah!

• @woodybrando I think the first is the GH2 because I see aliasing on the rim of his glasses.

• @woodybrando i don t this red epic was used in this video,..i am pretty sure too,..from a very know cinematographer,...he said both of them are some dslr,.. no epic at all

• @woodybrando u shld mention it in the video which is gh2 and which patch u have used???? dont confuse us

• @woodybrando The first one is sharper, so I am guessing it is GH2.

• turns out my friends monitor was exaggerating the difference between the cameras. I color corrected, sharpened and denoised the clips to match each other. Check out the vid and let me know which u think is which:

• Unfortunately not, nothing beats RAW. The Epic simply has much more dynamic range, and even if the GH2 had the same, it couldn't record it properly in only 8 bit. But if your final product will be shown in 1080, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't shoot very critical lighting situations or slo-mos with the Epic and still use GH2s as B or C cameras. But you'll ned to get lighting and contrast as close to your intended look as possible on the GH2s and grade to Epic to match it.

• hey i'll be posting a comparison video between my friend's r3d EPIC and driftwood's gh2 sedna q1 hack. we're planning a feature and wondering if it'd b better to shoot on 3 gh2's or one EPIC.

first impressions were that the r3d footage made the gh2 footage look like I'd turned my contrast all the way up in the gh2 I couldn't believe how contrasty the gh2 footage looked in comparison. and I used smooth -2,-2,-2,-2

anyone have any experience using an ultra con filter to flatten the gh2 image?

also, noise @ 320 in the darks on the gh2 was pretty bad. about 2 times worse than the epic. maybe it was the iso bug we'll have to test again. or maybe i need to turn noise reduction up it was pretty much a dealbreaker as far as planning to use the current gh2 to make the feature

good news was sharpness was on par with the 5k image. In fact, I actually added sharpness to the epic footage to match the gh2.

is there anyway to flatten out the gh2 in the matrix?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions