Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • Waiting for Cluster 2.0 :-), with Sedna ... :-)

• Little test, V1.1 vs Sedna A Q20, picture profile estandar 0000, 50 mm Nikon lens, F 1: 1.4 aperture 5.6, 24H. This are the clips I transcoded with 5DtoRGB to prores422, no color correction applied, V1.1 was 16.93 mbps and Sedna A 116.46 mbps. Sorry for vimeo quality, I have a free acount. I already shot an interview with Sedna C Q20, I was very pleased with the results, I had a little error on the first clip around 8 seconds in, try at other times and it keep happening, anyone experiencing the same? I use a Sandisk extreme pro sd card. Also I get broken sound till 8 seconds in the clip with Sedna A and C Q20 also with the original V1.1 maybe a problem when I transcode???

• I definitely agree with cjdincer...please

• gh2 driftwood hack on Vimeo!

really liking the new sedna a q1 setting. It graded really easy and held up. -2-2,-2,-2 standard lenses used 8mm, 17-50 2.8, 35mm 1.4, 58mm with sankor 16c the last shot was at f16 3200 iso and the noise wasn't bad at all.

• Test Patch SEDNA B Settings: Great all round detail. AQ1 Filmed with GH2 and Voigtlander 25 mm (Low light)

• "There will be a new version of Cluster (v2) together with Per's Audio settings and Sedna matrix settings tonight." @driftwood Please, please, please,please.... ps: could we increase the bitrates of cluster around 88/100Mbps.( Cause spanmyBU, Quantum100v3 worked really good even with Verbatim C10 cards). Thanks to V.K. and N.D. and all the contributor friends.

• exsample test STOP MOTION with GH2 SEDNA Q20 CHROMA KEY 24FPS 1/320:

and workflow in VEGAS VIDEO

• Hello ufo has not been put in post, you're right ... it's weird

• Hello ufo has not been put in post, you're right ... it's weird

• @liquidify. Just added the zip file above. I really like the sharpness of the Sedna. I can adjust the color using different color profiles or in the post.

• Ah, @zaven13 you have to post it in .zip or it doesn't download. Sounds like good stuff. Have you compared Orion to Sanity in 720? I always though Orion looked amazing in 720. I'm excited about this one though because I am really liking all varieties of Sedna and I liked 3.1 sanity too.

• @liquidify. Here is my current settings that I use. Sedna A Q20 for 24P. Sanity with Sedna matrix for 720p60, 1080i60 and HBR. You can use the same settings for PAL also.

setj.ini
    setj.zip
  • What bitrate are most of you averaging with Sedna?

• @andyvia68

nice grade, but in the opening seconds some kind of object flies by. Couldn't help but watch again. Looked like a UFO. Anywho, if you created it in post, brilliant if not it's even better.

• @zaven13 Can you post your settings please?

• @woodybrando: You might want to look around at some other threads on here which examined the tungsten WB "trick". I seem to recall that most comments were not so favorable. Because of GH2's limited 8-bit 4:2:0 encoding, I'd personally be very hesitant to shoot footage that routinely required huge amounts of WB correction in post... seems to me like the cure might end up being worse than the disease in many cases.

• @woodybrando i really dont understand u r question. but i always do white balance manually ,..any light use a bright white paper,.. place it in front of u r subject,..focus this white paper get proper exposure without shadow,... then adjust your wb until u feel its proper white,..just see believe what u see,..

• is shooting in tungsten white balance still a valid way to reduce the red channel and reduce the noise. then color correct in post. Or is sedna color tweaked and balanced already to reduce the noise in the red channel? this was a tip on drew network i watched recently

• Original test color correct with vegas pro:

• @royadkins Some of those night scenes need a lot of shadow crushing!

• Test SEDNA Q1 LENS: 14-140 WITH CPL. FILTER NOIR VEGAS PRO

• I used Ralph_B's Sanity 3.1 with FSH/SH=44mb, FH/H=28mb and merged it with Driftwood's Sedna A Q20 matrix. There is a significant difference in quality and bitrate between Sanity settings using stock matrix vs. Sedna matrix. Sedna A Q20 is much sharper and generating higher resolution/bitrate. Try it. You will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks again to @Vitaliy, @Driftwood and @Ralph_B

• Hello, when I compare some arriraw footage samples found from web and my footage shot with quantum 9b, I can say without grading there is no resolution differences, but when I apply my color grading presets of my gh2 to arriraw footage, the difference begins. So I think it's because of it's 4:4:4 color resolution. So I know avchd codec cannot reach these color resolution, but may be you can also work for mjpeg codec, so gh2 will be the best one...Why not? Thanks a lot:)

• OK, here they are. Str8 from the camera with Sedna AQ1 B. All shots were on jpeg 30 fps, in Cinema 0000000000 ;) Using the 14- 42 kit lens. The iso on the train shot was something like 400 or 600, and the others were more like 800-2000. Also the alley shots were all at a film speed of 50 to avoid light flicker. I shot them on a 8gb sandisk extreme 30mb/s card which gave me almost no trouble so long as I kept it below 4000 iso speed, and a 16gb toshiba class 4 card which gave me trouble with fast moving objects at times, but mostly if I went above iso 800. The train shot was actually with the toshiba card, but it failed mid shot as you can see. If any of these shots are useful, let me know and I can post more.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzipe9

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y95ggf

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d3xmot

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxoq5e

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions