Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @leejb4 I didn't change a thing to the patch, what shutter speed are you shooting?... I was locked at 1/50th the whole time. None of my takes were that long and backgrounds were soft a lot of time which might have stressed the codec less. I'll test more.

• Ok Oedipax thanks for the Headsup. So Orion v4b might be a good "compromise" I guess.

• @chazzmoe, yes unfortunately I think there's overlap between settings that affect 60p and 24p which keeps 60p from being as stable as it might otherwise be in most patches.

• First off thanks to everyone's hard work! Second I love Sedna 24p but the 720p 60 as @Driftwood states wasn't really a priority on this patch. I am wondering if I can use the Sedna settings and then manually enter the 720p 60 settings from a good 720p patch? Would this effect the 24p setting? I could care less about 1080i. What's everyone using for 720/60p? Again big thanks to everyone involved. I'm too dumb to contribute anything as of yet but if I do find anything out that hasn't been mentioned that helps the cause I will post about it. Thanks!

• @LumixUser Thank you much very for the useful test!

• @lumixuser Just a note: I found that when doing such tests and using extreme enhancements to see the noise and artifacts that it was VERY sensitive to the exposure at the time of capture, (beyond what could feasibly be controlled) and I felt that it rendered the test practically useless. I'm not saying your tests are invalid, just something to think about.

• Trying out Sedna B Q20 and the results are amazing! What do you Sedna users do if you need to record a shot that longer than ~5 minutes?

• @andyvia68 Looks great Andy!

• The USB camera method didn't work either.

• sedna q20 are the best

• See my video parody of 'Exorcist! GH2 SEDNA Q20 _20MM LENS Subscribe and comment

• @andyvia68 yes, I used a card reader, I will try now connecting straight to the camera. @driftwood I will do that as a last resort. Thanks.

• Uz Try avchd recovery tools. Google. Always keep the entire private folder backed up and copied to your computer. That way you keep all the header files too.

• PATCH CHANGES WHEN YOU EVER FORMAT THE CARD. Then you have used an external card reader? Try connecting the USB camera. Let me know. Hello Andyvia68 Check out my youtube channel and subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/andyvia68?feature=mhee

• Yes ..SEDNA Q1 AND Q10 ARE THE TOP!!

• 2 questions. Answers will be appreciated:

1) My camera stops recording at 4'25" with Orion v4b. Is it normal?

2) I recorded some footages on a card with Sedna C settings. Then I changed the patch to Orion v4b and recorded some more on the same card without formatting it. Now both FCP and Adobe Premiere are recognizing Sedna files, but don't recognize Orion files. FCP can't log and capture them; Adobe says they are unsupported format. I can't even copy the MTS files with the Orion patch from one folder to another on my MAC.

Actually then I changed the patch to Dark Matter and recorded again on the same card without formatting. Same problem as with Orion files.

Any tips to resolve these problems? Thanks a lot!

• See my stop motion test sedna q1 tutorial in Italian language, but the sense we understand the same... Tx

andyvia68

• @andyvia68

I certainly wouldn't call the ability to render more detail with less blocking "too extreme" The goal is to minimize the compression artifacts to get as close to raw as possible.

If @LumixUser runs the grain test between Sedna AQ1 and Q20, this may be interesting. It's probably fairly close to AQ1.

Also, there is something very smooth about the vibe from Sedna. These tests show the differnence in rendering of fine detail.

@driftwood has always been very clear regarding his strive for improvement in 24H image quality. Sedna is currently on top!

• @conscius and @frerichs

Thanx for the quick replies! Quantum with the dark matter is the one I patched my camera with! I just shot a quick video with it and it looks dope!

I used the G button when I loaded the patch.

• My second test LUMIX GH2_SEDNA Q20_LENS:Mc Jupiter-9 85mm visit:

http://www.youtube.com/user/andyvia68/featured

tx. Andyvia68

• q20 is less heavy, especially when you're shooting in motion is less jerky. Q1 as sharp and precise, but too extreme! by Andyvia68

• @LumixUser Could you compare Sedna AQ1 with the Q20 version using your grain test you used earlier?

• For rajamalik : Hello, I am a composer of soundtracks for video games (playstation xbox, psp, nds, etc ... for many years in the professional field. I can work on original music online ..! Let me know this is my address: sy99@hotmail.it I'll leave some links to my music and more:

http://www.artematica.com/index.php?sezione=gallery http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,64191/ http://www.casadellamusica.ge.it/staff.php?ID=7

Tx. contact me. By

Andrea vialardi

• @stray. You commented "Sedna AQ1 A huge difference to Q20". Can you elaborate on the differences you saw?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions